Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
One episode i always enjoy PostThu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm45
2.9/5 *** episode.
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostSun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm Offline
Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 pm9
This is definetely my favorite episode overall.
And of course I don't have anything against mormons or their beliefs but cmon the story with the "dumb dumb" background is just so damn funny. :?
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostTue Dec 08, 2009 6:29 pm Offline
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:23 pm22
I loved this episode, I used to be Mormon (until I reached the age of reason...) and I think they covered it pretty well in the short time slot they had. Sure some of the details are slightly different, but it's not like they have hours to explain everything about Mormonism. I did like the moral of the story though. Even if someone believes in something you think is wacky, you should still show respect for them, especially if they're treating you with kindness and respect. I loved Trey in Orgazmo...he was sooo cute and sweet as a little Mormon missionary...

"Criminy"...ha ha, how "offensive" for sweet little Mormons...
"Don't preach to me fatso!!"
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostTue Mar 02, 2010 3:18 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Just saw this. Soo funny! Love the 'dum dum dum dum dum' background music!! That will be in my head all day! :D I love when the boys pressure Stan into kicking Gary's ass. It is just too funny!! :lol: Wow, it sure is great to be a nice family but really, like Stan said, it's not normal to be that happy. Fighting and arguing now and again is a very sane thing to do.

Love when Stan comes home you see Sharon doing a crossword by herself, Randy drinking a beer and Shelley watching Friends :lol: . I don't think the Marsh's are that dysfunctional. :)

Loved Cartman making fun of Stan and his 'lover' Gary. :lol:

Randy about to kick the Harrison's ass. :lol:

People actually believe in this Joseph Smith story? Sorry but, wow... :roll:

Great eppy, 10/10 I am such a sucker for the Marshes.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostSun Apr 11, 2010 4:16 pm Offline
Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:49 pm0
4t
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostThu May 20, 2010 11:42 pm Offline
Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm161Ripon, WI
Instead of kicking Gary's ass, Stan agrees to go to dinner. :lol:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
Mormon Parents PostMon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm Offline
Wed May 19, 2010 4:25 pm0
Look closely at their very similiar facial features. Id swear theyre related. Ha ha ha South Utah.
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostTue Jun 08, 2010 12:26 am Offline
Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:04 am1
alright well im a mormon and i enjoyed the episode, as i do all episodes of south park, but theres a couple comments on here that bothered me and wanted to set straight

the stuff about becoming gods and goddesses and junk.. just one guys interpretation of scripture. and people who do believe in that dont believe theyre scattered throughout our universe and we certainly dont worship them. its not a fact or a belief that is shared throughout the entire religion. its not something that is really taught in church. also, the spirit babies or whatever.. also just some people's interpretation. most mormons dont really believe in that. another thing: there are 2 sects of mormonism. 1 sect is full of radical polygamists who broke off from the original teachings but are still named "mormons." the more common mormons and the ones that everyone is visited by are NOT polygamists. the kolob stuff- i was born into mormonism and ive never heard of kolob in church ever soo you might check your sources on that one. as far as racism goes, we're taught to love your neighbor and do unto others as you would have them do unto you. yes it is thought by some that the mark that God put on cain for murdering able ended up producing darker colored people but modern LDS people arent racist. aaaand joseph smith didnt read out of a hat. lol oh and we dont try to "come off as christians at first." we believe in 1 god and that christ is the savior.. that makes us CHRISTians indefinitely.. r-tard.

wikipedia and just any ole site pulled up from google probably aren't the most reliable sources.
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostMon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 am Offline
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 am1
Matt and Trey really show how well they know their audience on this one. For those who didn't pick up on the subtlety of it call it "tame", which was the whole point! The complete lack of outrageous stuff in this episode is the true genius of it, because they know that there will be one of two reactions:

(1) a person who isn't Mormon - watches it, laughs at how how ridiculous the story is, looks up the real story, sees it's basically the same and Matt and Trey didn't embellish it at all, then laughs even harder

(2) a person who is Mormon - watches it, waits for any ridiculous stuff to occur to remind them the show is a joke, ridiculous stuff never occurs and the story is presented truthfully, becomes completely confused by the lack of "jokes" in the show and how "tame" it is, doesn't realize the lack of "attacks" on their religion is the ENTIRE point and THEY are the joke

Religious people love to latch on to irrelevant crap ("oh look Kenny died, see the show is a joke") to rationalize why they don't have to take it seriously. Yet they ignore the elephant in the room, that their religion is the biggest joke. This episode simply didn't give the religious any "rationalization fodder" so they are confused by it.
sucks PostFri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 am Offline
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 am0
this sucks
Sad Life PostTue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 pm Offline
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm0
If you seriously base your whole life off of South Park episodes you have a problem. I am not Mormon but my friend is and for you to say that anyone who is Mormon still after watching this episode makes you seem like an ignorant idiot. Go to school. Get an education.
FKING SUCKS PostSat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm Offline
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 am0
dude they only make fun of mormons,they should make a episode making fun of catholics
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostSun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 pm18
JesusHowardChrist wrote:
Matt and Trey really show how well they know their audience on this one. For those who didn't pick up on the subtlety of it call it "tame", which was the whole point! The complete lack of outrageous stuff in this episode is the true genius of it, because they know that there will be one of two reactions:

(1) a person who isn't Mormon - watches it, laughs at how how ridiculous the story is, looks up the real story, sees it's basically the same and Matt and Trey didn't embellish it at all, then laughs even harder

(2) a person who is Mormon - watches it, waits for any ridiculous stuff to occur to remind them the show is a joke, ridiculous stuff never occurs and the story is presented truthfully, becomes completely confused by the lack of "jokes" in the show and how "tame" it is, doesn't realize the lack of "attacks" on their religion is the ENTIRE point and THEY are the joke

Religious people love to latch on to irrelevant crap ("oh look Kenny died, see the show is a joke") to rationalize why they don't have to take it seriously. Yet they ignore the elephant in the room, that their religion is the biggest joke. This episode simply didn't give the religious any "rationalization fodder" so they are confused by it.

There's a lot more to religion than blind faith in some silly stories. If all religions were really just a bunch of shallow and looney fairy tales as some atheists ignorantly believe them to be, no one would still be religious. I'm not Mormon - but did you really think Mormonism is entirely based off the crazy stories that Parker and Stone put in that episode. They intentionally overexaggerated the traditional stories, which was the comedy (just like they did with Scientology in episode making fun of that). You can do that for every religion. If you only scrape the surface, it IS just a bunch of silly fairy tales. But religion goes much deeper than that. That's why people believe in spirituality and not unicorns. Unicorns ARE silly fairy tales. Religion goes much deeper. Do some actual research on Mormonism.

Religion has been watered down over centuries, so I don't agree either with organized religion. But to insult someone's faith in a spiritual world is ignorant of you. The world we see isn't everything. And the supernatural is only what we haven't been able to explain yet.
Re: *712* All About the Mormons? PostMon Dec 13, 2010 1:45 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Karlfred wrote:
If you only scrape the surface, it IS just a bunch of silly fairy tales. But religion goes much deeper than that. That's why people believe in spirituality and not unicorns. Unicorns ARE silly fairy tales.

Fuck spirituality. I like unicorns better.
>: PostSun Dec 19, 2010 2:55 pm Offline
Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:30 pm0
dude my family is like the only non-mormom family in Utah. I just want to f*cking cut their perfect god damn necks

Sort by  
Page 2 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next