Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 14 204 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Re: Disappointed.. PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 am Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 am16
tvwaters wrote:
i think your a dumb ass and should just shut up.

Thoughtful critique of my review, thanks.

BTW, it's -->YOU'RE<--, not "your", dumbass. :)
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Now back on topic:

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
They probably thought it was a good idea at the time. :/

Probably. But considering how the third act was structured- two game parts, two speeches, plus Butters and Kyle AND the full alien plotline- I think they realized how weak it was and did as much as possible to keep it as 'funny' and short as possible.

Perhaps this is a problem with this format of breaking the season in half with many months in between (as has been happening for quite some time now). While the middle and ending shows of a half season are the type where MnT and staff work for a "6 days til SP," that is not true of a half-season opener.

In the months from the end of 13B until this past week, MnT had a chance to think too much about it. Maybe not on purpose, but they sure knew a lot about Tiger Woods which is yesterday's news (my opinion), as I said in some other thread. Probably the pre-air discussion thread. So their ideas ruminate in their heads too long. This episode kind of went against the rhythm of an episode that is known for being made in 6 days from concept to show.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Disappointed.. PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:43 am Offline
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 pm6
sorry i forgot i was getting grade on this dickhead
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:49 am Offline
I wasn't grading you.. but you might want to think about checking your posts for misspellings and grammar mistakes before calling someone else a dumbass ;)

Not sure why you decided to become all hostile anyway. I love South Park but happened to be disappointed by this episode. Throwing tantrums because someone doesn't share your same opinion is pretty pathetic.. but I'm guessing you're just a 12-year-old kid so I won't argue with you anymore. Just try maturing a bit..
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 am Offline
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 pm6
drink my chode syrup.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 12:59 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Stop it you two. This is not a chat room nor a High School hallway. Take it to PM or at least post intelligently.

@ ZZ- This is more of an idea where they thought too little. Otherwise,k the third act would have been structured differently.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am Offline
Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:49 pm12
bleh ... completely and utterly disappointing episode. Tiger Woods sensationalist story was boring enough in real life. Kill the sexual addition alien wizard? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. b-o-r-i-n-g!
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 am Offline
@shane I just posted a review and he attacked me.. I'm not arguing with him.. no need for PM.

Anyway, I agree with you.. I don't think this is a case of them thinking too much about it but rather too little. It wasn't all bad, but there just wasn't much to say about Tiger, Letterman, and Clinton that hasn't already been said. I loved last season unlike some people and I'm sure the next few episodes will be better.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 am Offline
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 am1
It definitely felt good to see my hometown Windermere, Florida being referenced in my favorite show.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 1:32 am Offline
Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm2
I thought this episode was alright, but here is a quote from Dr.Strangelove which I find kind fits on the way every guy in the episode dealt with the sexaul addiction situation

Turgidson:

Doctor, you mentioned the ration of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Strangelove:

Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.
Re: Disappointed.. PostThu Mar 18, 2010 2:04 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Smagma wrote:
tvwaters wrote:
i think your a dumb ass and should just shut up.

Thoughtful critique of my review, thanks.

BTW, it's -->YOU'RE<--, not "your", dumbass. :)

Grammar Nay-zee.

Well everybody's pretty much hit on every point I was going to make. I'll still go over my notes though...

A wise man once said "The privates are going to be the ruin of us all." An even wiser man said "It doesn't matter how hot a girl is, there's someone out there who's tired of fucking her."
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, all in all, the show was fairly good. The Tiger game was a giggle. Especially in the middle, with the pre-nup power up and the "water level". Oh, and someone should've told Kenny about the lemon wedge.
Butter's bush gag was a minor giggle, and did get a tad annoying right up until the bonsai showed up randomly. I never realized that the guy next to Bubba in the grex addiction camp was Duchovney (sp?) until they said his name. I thought he looked like the guy who was on MTV back 1000 years ago.
The end of act 2, when they made Frobama fairly stupid and were piling on all of this alien crap was when the ep started to fishtail. (btw, did anyone else think they made Michelle's face too fat or something? It just looked off from post-election ep.)
The Failen was completely stupid as well. Even more so when they made Kyle & Bummers blow him the damn away. But I guess they needed to do that to sew up the dangling end of the Frobaba alien thread. :roll: The only thing that saved it was Butters' lips joke. Also, if I'm honest, Trey's version of Sexual Healing was kinda "meh". I'm no one to talk, and I know what he was going for there, but... enh. :D
Oh my god! How can I forget to mention the Chimps! That was funny as hell. Especially when the wife chimp came running out with the rolling pin and her fur in curlers. :lol: The talk-show bit was a nice topper to the bit too.
Best season opener since 'Warcraft. :D

Eedit: is it at all ironic that I made my notes with, and wrote most of this post with my Roswell 2K New Beetle Weekend pen in my hand/mouth?
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 am Offline
  • YIM
Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:22 pm72Chicago, Il
was going thru SP with drawl... I liked this eps., you didn't... meh... funny to me, your opinion? not.
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Smagma wrote:
@shane I just posted a review and he attacked me.. I'm not arguing with him.. no need for PM.

Anyway, I agree with you.. I don't think this is a case of them thinking too much about it but rather too little. It wasn't all bad, but there just wasn't much to say about Tiger, Letterman, and Clinton that hasn't already been said. I loved last season unlike some people and I'm sure the next few episodes will be better.

I know, but the best thing to do is let it slide. Your responses put you into a bad position as well, even though you were initially innocent.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 4:21 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Great episode, a nice start to the season. I liked the fact that the "wizard alien" was just the bound and gagged... well, you know.

All in all, a clever episode.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 am Offline
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:57 pm2
This episode was a disgrace for the Whole SOUTH PARK comunity , almost waiting 3 months or more , and now THIS.

One of the worst things you did was killing Butters .
The Character of Butters was destroyed completely in this episode , everything that made people laugh about butters - suddenly was missing ! And I mean everything !

Worst story ever , very uncool and unfunny !

I can just hope that the rest is not going to be like this!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 14 204 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next