Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 15 of 17 250 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:37 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Diabeteth wrote:
That-Is-Bull wrote:
Diabeteth wrote:
Speaking of which, this wasn't really first contact with aliens. Honestly, what was the very first episode? Not that South Park has exactly been consistent with alien life... I thought Earth was a reality show?

Indeed, but the aliens erased everybody's memory, remember?

Even so, I doubt that they would come and give such an opportunity to a reality show. What did they call their federation thing again... I can't remember. Point is, that's Earth's place in the universe in Cancelled, and the new episode contradicts that. Ya gotta love the way this happens so much in South Park, eh? :lol:

Some people think way too far into a show that features things like giant monsters destroying the entire town every other episode, talking pieces of poo, smart towels, and Jewbot armies... just sit back and have a laugh guys...
- the word as it came from Jesus
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i liked the part when the dad shot himself. i no it's not funny but i couldn't help but laugh.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 am Offline
Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 am2
Why is Tony Blair's accent Australian? xDD
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm Offline
Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 pm2
Key to uniting the entire human race: pit humans vs aliens in who gets "ownership" of a pile of galactic cash.

Catch: galactic cash has uncertain worth... could it be that the value of money is arbitrary, even imaginary? (a corollary to Margaritaville)

Solution to Solving Global Hunger/Fixing 3rd-world Econ's (without having to encounter aliens, whose existence we're not quite certain of):

Stage an alien hoax involving galactic cash, similarly to the scenario presented in this episode! o.O
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm Offline
Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 pm3Kansas
i thought part when randy was dressed as princess laya and stole that orb thingy. this wasn't the funniest of episode, but it had it's moments. i hope the new episodes that start in october are kick ass.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm Offline
Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm1
No not teh Frinwren :[
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion and PostModernism PostFri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 am Offline
Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:46 am3
So does anyone think this episode could be a commentary on the ramifications of the atomic bomb?

When it becomes possible for a people to describe as ‘postmodern’ the décor of a room, the design of a building, the diegesis of a film . . . the dread engendered by the threat of nuclear self-destruction, the decline of the university, the functioning and effects of the new miniaturised [sic] technologies . . . or (even) a generalised [sic] substitution of spatial for temporal coordinates . . . then it’s clear we are in the presence of a buzzword(Postmodernism and “the other side”’, in Cultural Theory and Popular Culture: A reader, edited by John Storey, London, : Pearson Education .2006)
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 20, 2009 6:07 pm Offline
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 pm107Brisvegas
Lady Abattoir wrote:
Why is Tony Blair's accent Australian? xDD

Tony Blair...? That's John Howard.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am Offline
Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 am1
despite the fact that south park is an entertainment program that laughs everyone's ass out, this episode can really teach us that if people continue being so greedy, we could all feel the consequences : being left out of the universe in a literal meaning.
nahh i am just wondering if southpark was tr ue, this would have made sense :]]
have a nice day :zombiekenny: :zombiekenny:
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I don't see why everyone seems to hate this episode, or at least says it's one of the worst. It's not one of my fav Stan episodes but it's not bad.

Randy stealing that magnet thing dressed as Princess Layla or whatever was funny!!! The fact that no one thought anything was odd about it. :lol: Randy telling Stan how to properly 'lie', then telling him he loves him and rubs his neck!! :lol: so sad. When the derby car flies off the track! Loved that part because again, no one thought there was anything odd about that at all? What the heck? :mrgreen:

Sad but funny when the Hollis kid was telling himself 'he's okay!' after his dad shot himself. That's always a joke in the show, people shooting themselves. Sad but always funny.

Mexico building 7 water parks and Japan building robots! Haaaa!! And then the other countries nuking Finland! :lol:

I thought it was pretty funny. Although one thing they could have done instead was have Baby fark-whatever his name was, hold Stan hostage the whole time like it looked like he was going to do. That would have added a lot of drama and see just how far Randy would have lied before it was too late.

Gotta love Stan at the end. He is just an honest person, like I am, so I applaud that little boy. He knows what's right, most of the time.

Call me a crazed Marsh fan but I really am shocked so many hate this episode. It is not as bad as Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy, that one... very messed up.

8/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I'm a little annoyed that this episode is becoming the standard against which all other 'bad' episodes are judged, i.e. "at least it wasn't as bad as PWD!"

Not one of my favorites, but for a season 13 episode, it wasn't bad. Putting aside the sci-fi parody and parental competitiveness, I appreciated the humor in the whole idea of the world leaders arguing over the ship and the space cash, trying to conceal it from the aliens, nuking Finland when they suspect they're going to squeal and pretending to be sad about it, etc. I just thought it was both good absurdity and a good shot at humanity as a whole.

I appreciated the total lack of intellectual curiosity about extra terrestrial life; it was all about the space cash and the lengths they went to to conceal it from the aliens, who clearly demonstrated they could monitor everything.

Summary: humanity meets alien life and is rejected for being so backward and screwed up.

I think that's funny.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 27, 2010 3:33 pm Offline
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:07 pm17
best episode of season 13 right here.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 27, 2010 4:26 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Pip Tweek wrote:
I'm a little annoyed that this episode is becoming the standard against which all other 'bad' episodes are judged, i.e. "at least it wasn't as bad as PWD!"

Not one of my favorites, but for a season 13 episode, it wasn't bad. Putting aside the sci-fi parody and parental competitiveness, I appreciated the humor in the whole idea of the world leaders arguing over the ship and the space cash, trying to conceal it from the aliens, nuking Finland when they suspect they're going to squeal and pretending to be sad about it, etc. I just thought it was both good absurdity and a good shot at humanity as a whole.

I appreciated the total lack of intellectual curiosity about extra terrestrial life; it was all about the space cash and the lengths they went to to conceal it from the aliens, who clearly demonstrated they could monitor everything.

Summary: humanity meets alien life and is rejected for being so backward and screwed up.

I think that's funny.

Very nicely said. I agree, every single episode is compared to the 'horrible Pinewood Derby'. :roll: It makes me laugh almost because I don't know why people think it's that horrible. Whatever.. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 28, 2010 12:42 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Pip Tweek wrote:

I think that's funny.

True, and that's probably the way it'd really go down too. Besides, I thought that everybody knew that the worst episode ever is Stanley's Cup.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 am Offline
Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 pm44
i hated pinewood derby. then after the third or fourth time of watching it, i just had to laugh at how random it is. i liked the part where stan is looking at the newspaper cuttings on his wall and how they keep getting more extreme, discovering warp speed and aliens lol

and stanleys cup is one of my favourite episodes :D the worst episode for me is helen keller or pip

Sort by  
Page 15 of 17 250 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next