Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 24 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostMon Jul 13, 2009 12:47 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm16Ireland
:(
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm Offline
Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:58 am120
This episode was kind of sad. I was laughing every time they did the "Stan Marsh is..." running gag, but I almost cried at the end of the episode. Poor Nelson, I just felt so sorry for him. Getting cancer at the age of 5 and then dying. :(
Congratulations, you got 1 million points! YOU...ARE...FAGS!!!!
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat Nov 28, 2009 8:16 pm Offline
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:27 pm1
it was hard too see the end. when the peewee's got the sh*t kicked out of them. and the kid with cancer died.the perantswhent any hope ethire. the peewee's are preety stuip and so are the adam's team. they look tuff but wasn't real to me. i that kenny would be in this one. if you see vedios about why kenny comes back, message me ok.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostMon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 am Offline
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 am4
I gota say i love stan but i hated this episode. I watch south park to laugh if i wanted to cry id turn on a crudy ep of greys anatomy. :(
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostMon Jan 25, 2010 4:27 pm Offline
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm1887HANNAHWOOD: Like Hollywood, but better
jesus christ, that is the most depressing episode of South Park i have ever seen. ever. That was horrible. Some was funny, but thats terrible
Niels0827 wrote:
Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostMon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 pm Offline
Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 pm1
This episode left me with an odd aftertaste, one that prompted me to search online for some more answers, hence my first post here.

I can understand why many people didn't like this episode - it is off-putting at first, especially because most viewers are accustomed to those heart-warming endings that leave you satisfied after getting emotionally caught up in the characters' struggles.

But after watching this episode and thinking about it, I realize it could not be any other way. This show isn't about censorship or sugarcoating reality, and sometimes reality really is that ugly. I *really* liked how it was juxtaposed with the traditional "happy sports ending" that we always see in movies - that's what made it click. South Park dredges up the ugly realities of life and human nature that we don't like to confront, in a society where we too often love to focus on the happy stories and gloss over the sad stories, acting like Nelsons don't exist in this world, and happy endings don't often come at the expense of others (you want to eat the burger, but don't want to meet the cow).
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostTue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am Offline
Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 pm15
Great episode! I love how similar it was to "BASEketball," in some parts. Really made me laugh 10/10
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostTue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
ieatsuka wrote:
This episode left me with an odd aftertaste, one that prompted me to search online for some more answers, hence my first post here.

I can understand why many people didn't like this episode - it is off-putting at first, especially because most viewers are accustomed to those heart-warming endings that leave you satisfied after getting emotionally caught up in the characters' struggles.

But after watching this episode and thinking about it, I realize it could not be any other way. This show isn't about censorship or sugarcoating reality, and sometimes reality really is that ugly. I *really* liked how it was juxtaposed with the traditional "happy sports ending" that we always see in movies - that's what made it click. South Park dredges up the ugly realities of life and human nature that we don't like to confront, in a society where we too often love to focus on the happy stories and gloss over the sad stories, acting like Nelsons don't exist in this world, and happy endings don't often come at the expense of others (you want to eat the burger, but don't want to meet the cow).

That is very true. It was very sad and shocking that Nelson died but that's the cold reality of life. That's the SP way of doing things. They don't butter things up, this show is very messed up and well, it ended in the way it was supposed to.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostThu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm Offline
Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 am1
Holy Cow...A sad episode but i like how this episode was mainly on Stan :D
PostSun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 pm Offline
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 pm4
thats a good eye =)
PostSun Apr 18, 2010 5:32 pm Offline
i liked how the guy who impounded his bike acted as the rob schnieder announcer. haha
PostSun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 pm Offline
a lot of people say this episode sucks, but i like how trey and matt put south park characters in adult situations that you would see in some type of movie. and i really feel bad for the little kid
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat May 22, 2010 1:57 pm Offline
Fri May 07, 2010 1:55 pm106Southpark (that's right)
I hope this doesn't make me a bad person but I found the ending part a bit funny. Not the part with the kid dying but the expression on stans face when all the little kids getting beat up was funny. (just the expression was funny not the kids being beat up) I don't find this episode terribly sad, just the kids being beat up and the kid dying is sad. But this may be my fave episode that is based on stan other then maybe whale whores. I also like how Kyle made a small appearance XD but I like this one. I think I like it so much because it has hockey in it and I like hockey idk. Maybe my thoughts on it would change if it was a different sport, not sure. My fave part of this episode was when the peewee players were playing against eachother and it had that music playing!
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Kyle, Craig and Kenny Kick a$$!! :D
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 pm Offline
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm3
BoldChris wrote:
LOL, that episode was so funny! And that guy that talks like in the movie previews, i thought he was going to get punched in the face! :lol:
Yeah, I was hoping for that.
Re: *1014: Stanley's Cup* PostSat Jul 10, 2010 9:55 pm Offline
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm3
zigeuner wrote:
well, i don't think the ending was supposed to be funny at all. i think this episode's really all about the message "it's not like in the movies". it's a spoof of all that ridiculously happy ending b-movie bullsh*t (word to fakeL), in which some everyday normal guy turns into a hero and proves, that you can achieve everything in the world, if you just stand up and fight for it. that there is justice.
but in fact, there is not. and i do not think i would have liked the episode if the cancer kid would have been miraculously healed. that just ain't how reality rolls, you know.

Yes, but that's for stuff like LAW AND ORDER, this is SOUTH PARK. Do you FEEL like you've just watched an episode of South Park? You DON'T you feel like you've just watch some alternate ending they show at screen tests just to seee if the people would like it or not.

Sort by  
Page 24 of 26 389 posts Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next