Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 45 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: *713* Butt Out PostMon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 am Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:24 pm31
It's interesting that South Park provides the other side of the issue like this. I agree with the fact that people need to be informed about the health risks associated with smoking. Still, some of these campaigns seem to go a bit too far.

About a year or so ago, there were these "Sunny Side of Truth" PSAs that aired on networks aimed at teens and tweens. Anyway, some of the campaigns seemed to go a bit too far. I know it was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek type of thing, but some of those PSAs were just harsh. In one of these, "Tough Love", these two actors are standing in the street and one of them says "These tobacco must really hate us or something." The other actor then asks "Well, what if it's just tough love?" The two actors then sang and danced along to a little tune about how "tough love's the best love". At one point, an animated character flies in front of the screen and cheerily sings "'because nothing builds your character like watching a loved one die!" I couldn't help but wonder how that would affect someone who actually had lost a loved one to a smoking-related disease.

Here's the link to that ad, in case you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhwH04Hl_G4&feature=related
Don't get mad, just flip

DaBird
Re: *713* Butt Out PostWed Dec 09, 2009 5:14 pm Offline
Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm1
This is a beautiful SP episode.

Smoking can be a very unhealthy habit, but the anti-smoking industry is pure evil. I think this episode shows real life as it is ... exaggerating a little with the cupcake, but all in all: Many anti-smoking groups are like this: Lying, cheating, making stuff up - ready to do anything in order to further their agenda. They are dangerous.

The human brain can manipulate its owner in many ways to do many evil things - as long as the owner believes, he is doing it for the good of a higher cause.

When the War on Tobacco is over a whole new industry is needed to de-programme the brains of the anti-smoking people and help them make a comeback to normal life again.

They are the sick people in this game, and we should IMHO feel sorry for them.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostSat Dec 19, 2009 12:05 pm Offline
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm1887HANNAHWOOD: Like Hollywood, but better
that was a great episode. i love how kyle knew what was going to happen, then they just kept doing it to not get grounded, then they got grounded anyway. i love at the end "well i guess we learned our lesson! no we didn't dude. no we didn't" i don't think they ever will either. fabulous episode
Niels0827 wrote:
Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostMon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 am Offline
Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 am2
thank you for killing that assh*le
Re: *713* Butt Out PostSun Jan 10, 2010 5:52 pm Offline
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm4
This episode makes me love the movie "Thank You For Smoking" even more.

The anti-smoking people need to shut their traps.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostSun Jan 17, 2010 5:39 pm Offline
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 am470Georgia
Ahh, I loved this episode. One of my top favorites.
That song is still in my head..
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life,and the tragic brevity of time.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostSun Jan 17, 2010 5:42 pm Offline
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm1887HANNAHWOOD: Like Hollywood, but better
oh yes, i love the song! i couldnt get it outta my head for days after i first watched it.
Niels0827 wrote:
Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostThu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Smoking is the #1 thing I am against. I just had to see this episode and get it over with. It was a lot funnier than I thought so that's good! And we only saw them smoke once. And causing the school to burn down was funny. :lol: Stan trying to hold in his sneeze and then sneezing on himself- all the snot- LOL!!! :lol: So cute.

I will have that friggin' smoking song in my head now even though it is so wrong. Funny when Rob kept eating throughout the whole thing. :mrgreen: I wish it were Stan trying to talk everyone out of things. Kyle sort of took over his part in this one. But all in all, funny episode.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *713* Butt Out PostFri Jan 29, 2010 3:22 pm Offline
Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm2
Butt Out is one of the best episodes but then again its hard to judge because 90% of the south park episodes are good except for Britney Spears one an all about mormans.

I like the story line on how they made fun of Rob Reiner by being very fat an eatting like a pig, an yet is against smoking(at begininig of the ep, he was acting like smoking is unhealthy but yet he's doing the oposite by endangering his own health by being over weight an eatting triple mac's. ha ha ha

I have nothing againsty reiner like he did made some movies like one called Spinal Tap.

But anyway the south park writers should make another episode of making fun of some one overweight, lol

Like they did too sally struthers at seaosn 1.

Anyway snoking does suck, smells terrible so I never smoked an never will.

I heard that Britney Spears saw herself on south park an got pissed off, etc.

I wonder what Rob Reiner reaction would be if he seen himself on this episode????? Or maybe had but doesn't care, who knows...
PostMon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 am Offline
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:48 pm1
Makes me want to smoke
Re: *713* Butt Out PostMon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Your other posts were moved to the Graveyard because they didn't contribute a goddamned thing to the thread.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostMon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 pm Offline
Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm0
We used to have that DARE thing that was like Butt Out, it sucked ASS
PostThu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:59 am0West Park, LooLoorado
I smoked throughout the episodes. Goddamn, gotta love the part where the boys went da hell im gonna be like them and then they start smoking, ahahah.
PostMon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am Offline
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 am1
This reminds me of all the D.A.R.E. classes I had...they were so lame. Made me wanna somke more. LOL.
PostFri Jan 07, 2011 3:13 am Offline
Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:04 am0
i hate rob reiner

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 45 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next