Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 25 362 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Welp, no bans this time. I didn't expect Matt and Trey to put up a chart like that. :lol:

Oh wait, the kids got the wrong idea. :cartmanlaugh:

Oh hell... :cartmanevillaugh:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:10 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
What they should have done was ask the Japanese to consult them on the subject instead of doing the stupid math. "All you Americans have such a nice big mastodonic penis!" GAW!
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
usafwolfman wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Great episode overall, but I've just one complaint: How about making fun of the left, too? It only makes sense if you make fun of both sides like you should. Don't be like Family Guy.

8.3/10

Yup yup! Atleast someone agrees.. the only big left wing joke was the "Smug" episode and the fart sniff wine glass.

I think its funny to make fun of both sides (we all got some loons)but how bout atleast 60/40? Nothing is completely even but I expect more from South Park.

NeuroHeart.. there are gay conservatives that I know but there is def not as many liberal jokes.

Also, I forgot to add Simpsons with Family Guy.. they started to get lame when they clearly favored one side on jokes.

I meant in this particular episode. I've seen them make fun of liberals and the left over the years as well as conservatives and the right.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:22 pm Offline
Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm5
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Good episode, but it could have been great if they didn't show Butters "doing his homework". Well at least they made fun of birth certificate nuts.

Oh come on, Butters looks cute naked. I'm trying not to sound like a pedophile here, but he's eight years old dude. Who around here hasn't seen a naked eight year old at some point in their life, hell we were all one once.

Butters looks adorable without his clothes and he's a natural nudist, no shame or modesty in front of his mother at all. I was surprised that we saw him full frontal from front and side, but what the hell -- like I said, these kids are eight! Maybe no more than nine! Give the boys some breaks, it's fourth grade, we all went through that sort of thing. Though I think the most I recall was allowing my friends to pull my pants and undies down just for giggles. We were kids for crying out loud. Let Butters "do his homework" and just be happy we've seen someone OTHER than Eric Cartman naked now.

I must admit, just on the same topic, for a few moments there I was wondering if M&T were going to just say the hell with it, go all-out, and make Butters have an erection. When he said "it's coming back out" maybe it's just my sick mind at work but you can't really blame me for it; this is South Park after all, they have "gone there" much worse than giving an eight-year-old an erection. Hell they had a whole episode about it!
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
No one mentioned the curentnest (<=== is that a word?) of all current events in this episode? Right in the first lines spoken by Butters about Arnold Schwarzenegger?

And the reference from the Psychiatrist's wife to 200/201 to "Mitch Connor" :lol:

And another Randy episode: I loved his math equations given to a fourth grade class :)

And the tea party guy with the tea bags attached to his hat :D

And Randy's demands, repeating whatever Cartman said: "The Jews!" "f*ck Kyle" <=======Randy saying that :lol:
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Wed May 18, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:36 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
kfgg wrote:
Here's what I got from this

People who drive big cars (hummers, etc) - small junk
Tea party people - small junk
Asians - small junk
Goths - Small junk
Wiggers - small junk
Big tough guys - Small junk

Glad I don't fit into any of those categories. But even if I did, that observation would be null and void. :mrgreen:

It was pretty funny. I laughed a few times. I wish it included more of the other kids than Randy, but I guess I should have expected this.

These "kids being kids" episodes are the best. Reminds me of the way the show originally was. I do like the lack of social references. At least compared to many other recent episodes.

I'll give it a 7/10.
Last edited by Niels0827 on Wed May 18, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still haven't seen it PostWed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm Offline
Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:07 pm9Denver, CO
Still hasn't come on out online in the west, but as I was desperately reading the comments for tasty sneak peaks I noticed the comments on one-sided jokes. I'm on the left, and I have been made fun of in almost every episode in one way or another - earlier poster listed many of those episodes where it was even the core content of the show. I think the right may just not be as sensitive to the clear mockery of democrats, frequently picked on by Cartman or ironically Mr. Garrison. Colorado is one of the states that are sitting in the middle, so there is not really a dominant political position - which I believe is fairly reflected on the show.

Sometimes I even think that it has too many jokes against the left and almost nothing against the right - so I identify with the sentiment, but from the other side. I think my case is probably stronger for a heavier right-loving south park.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:39 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
zzyzx 1 wrote:
No one mentioned the curentnest (<=== is that a word?) of all current events in this episode? Right in the first lines spoken by Butters about Arnold Schwarzenegger?

And the reference from the Psychiatrist's wife to 200/201 to "Mitch Connor" :lol:

And another Randy episode: I loved his math equations given to a fourth grade class :)

And the tea party guy with the tea bags attached to his hat :D

And Randy's demands, repeating whatever Cartman said: "The Jews!" "f*ck Kyle" <=======Randy saying that :lol:

I caught three out of four references you mentioned. (Missed the psychiatrist's wife from 200/201 to Mitch Connor reference, and that's after the initial rewatch.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:41 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm12
Third mediocre episode in a row. The clever SP humor and storylines aren't there. A couple funny moments just like the last couple episodes but overall it was just okay. Still waiting for a truly great episode this season, hopefully we get one before the summer break.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:42 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
usafwolfman wrote:
NeuroHeart.. there are gay conservatives that I know

...Wait, what?
Quote:
there is def not as many liberal jokes.

Um, okay. I can list more shots at liberals if I work at it, I'm sure. Just in the last few minutes I've thought of Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls and Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow as more episodes ripping on liberals and hippies from California. Can you cite some figures of any kind? Maybe list the 'conservative' jokes that outnumber the liberal jokes I listed just off the top of my head?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Last edited by NeuroHeart on Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Still haven't seen it PostWed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
subuccus wrote:
Sometimes I even think that it has too many jokes against the left and almost nothing against the right - so I identify with the sentiment, but from the other side. I think my case is probably stronger for a heavier right-loving south park.

I beg to differ. If you're mainly referring to Cartman's attitude and views, then I can understand.

Here's the thing, though. South Park doesn't need to ridicule or make fun of right-wing people. They do that to themselves every time they speak up. :mrgreen:
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
It was pretty funny. I laughed a few times. I wish it included more of the other kids than Randy, but I guess I should have expected this.

These "kids being kids" episodes are the best. Reminds me of the way the show originally was. I do like the lack of social references. At least compared to many other recent episodes.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Yeah, I like the "kids being kids" episodes too. But this entire episode took a turn once Dr. Marsh first made his appearance. I guess "Dr." for a Ph.D in engineering?

This episode had so much in it, from Arnold Schwarzeneger to Obama (who made an appearance at the end): "Are we ready to f*ck Kyle?" to meet the demands of Randy's group :lol:

@ GeminiShamrock: Yeah, when the wife of psychiatrist "Carol" called her husband during Cartman's anger management session, Carol accused her husband of on-line chatting with (was it a 14 year old?) with the user name Mitch Connor :lol: Makes me wonder if it was the psychiatrist on-line with the girl or was it our friend Mitch Connor making another appearance? He was in the Vietnam war; now he's in a chat room :)
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:48 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Come on, who else could be "Mitch Connor"?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Come on, who else could be "Mitch Connor"?

:lol:
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostWed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
zzyzx 1 wrote:
This episode had so much in it, from Arnold Schwarzeneger to Obama (who made an appearance at the end): "Are we ready to f*ck Kyle?" to meet the demands of Randy's group :lol:

I don't think that was Obama.. If it was his character design has changed dramatically in the last week.

My biggest laugh was probably Cartman ruining the doc's life with a few keystrokes. Dude. One of those things you kind of see coming, but when it exceeds your expectations it's gut-busting.
I also laughed when the "actual doctor of human sexuality" started doing the same sort of ridiculous equations Randy was :lol: Awesome.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 25 362 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next