Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 13 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostMon May 30, 2011 10:03 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Quote:
I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of sense, but it is an observable pattern

And flip top heads have ever made sense? Bieber wasn't canadified either if i recall.

Quote:
i re-watched the episode and even though Kyle is around a lot of bacon he never eats any

It was cartman trying to tempt him. even if he liked bacon he probably did't want to give in to c-man.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostMon May 30, 2011 10:16 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Unassumption wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of sense, but it is an observable pattern

And flip top heads have ever made sense? Bieber wasn't canadified either if i recall.

No, he wasn't. He also wasn't in Canada at the time, that was my entire point. It may be insane South Park logic, but it is logic nonetheless.
Kyle isn't seen eating bacon, but he does mention to Stan that there's bacon inside pancakes at Denny's. He seems to have a fondness for pork, actually. It's not in his house around Hanukkah, when he is compelled to eat kosher latkes, but at other times he's been seen eating ham, and in one instance he regurgitated bean and bacon soup.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
PostMon May 30, 2011 2:05 pm Offline
Sat May 28, 2011 2:05 pm1
IWANTKENNYGODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostMon May 30, 2011 11:52 pm Offline
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm1
It would have been better had they taken a shot at PeTA instead of the ASPCA. But PeTA would have been too easy I guess, plus they have done PeTA before a million times. This episode got a little too preachy for me. I know South Park episodes tend to have a point laced in their vulgarity and dark sense of humor but this point was way too preachy and annoying. As someone who is well aware of what REALLY goes on in those large charitable organizations, I got the point. I just did not want to get it from a South Park episode. There were a few golden moments in this one... but really, this episode was a 5 out of 10 at best.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostTue May 31, 2011 12:54 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
This is by far the funniest part of this episode. "Screw you sir, I'm going home-ah"

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/3 ... th-o-leets
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostTue May 31, 2011 5:21 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 am3
Does anyone happen to know if that jazz song that plays when Kyle is tailing Cartman is actually real outside of the episode? Meaning like was it recorded for this episode or did they pull it from an outside source like the Sarah McGloughlin song? Also, I know that part was inspired/referenced from a scene from a movie, but can someone PLEASE tell me which movie it was? This is literally driving me up the friggin' WALL here folks!! lol :evil: :x :x
We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostTue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 am3
cynthia325 wrote:
It was great seeing Clyde and Craig as a part of the storyline.

I love it that both Craig and Clyde are both getting more screen time as well. I have always thought that they were an untapped resource for the show honestly.
We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostTue May 31, 2011 7:09 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
hopecandecieve wrote:
did they pull it from an outside source like the Sarah McGloughlin song?

Um, they didn't strictly pull that from an outside source. The Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA commercials use her song "Angel," which was not heard in this episode; it was loosely parodied.
As to the little stalk and pounce scene, I wish I knew exactly what it was referencing, because it looks awfully familiar, but I can't put my finger on it, either. Anyone else have any idea?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
PostTue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm Offline
Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm0
This episode is so funny I love The slash reference to santa claus
PostWed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 am Offline
Wed May 26, 2010 7:26 am0
I WANT A FULL BUTTERS SONG
PostWed Jun 01, 2011 6:46 am Offline
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 am1
Hey, the EA Sports owner is funny. LOL.
Re: PostWed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
SimmyBlu wrote:

Me too.
Re: PostWed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 pm Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
SimmyBlu wrote:

I second that.
Goddamnit I want a whole album :lol:
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Jun 01, 2011 1:21 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Woo, didn't get around to posting about the latest episode until a week later this time. Damn you, Canada! Why do have to be so fun? ;)

Once again, my missing a premiere made for a great episode. I think we have our Emmy show for this year. That was just brilliant. What it was missing in overt, smack-you-in-the-face comedy, it more than made up for with a powerfully interesting story and some genius insight on a slice of Americana that flies under most people's radar.

We watch the games and root for the local team or the alma mater, but tune out when the tedious subjects of "amateur status" and "advertising rights" come up. A lot of the views expressed in the episode mirrored my own in many ways. I watch college football and basketball, but I'm not oblivious to the money issues when it comes to the NCAA. And seeing that whole system get taken down on South Park was very funny and very satisfying.

And Fatass essentially reprising his General Cartman Lee character from The Red Badge of Gayness was just icing on the cake.

The guys are really firing on all cylinders now, and I think the turbo just kicked in.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm1Italy/USA
Screw you suh...I'm goin home. :lol:
talkin' bout you and me, and her

Sort by  
Page 13 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next