Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 12 173 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 pm Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm3
So what am I not 'getting' tonight:

- Randy yelling is Darth Vader from the Star Wars movie (did they use the actual sound byte? Sure sounded like it but if not it was a great copy)

- Butters appearing naked in front of everyone from the window was Life of Brian. Butters is back to being a eunuch after the penis-measurement episode earlier this year.

- The whole episode is a take-off of the 'Border Wars' "reality television" series

-Not fully fluent in Spanish so I didn't understand all the radio commentary, but could a small part of it have been a take-off/spoof of the O.J. Simpson chase from 1994? Wasn't quite a white BRONCO but still..

-Don't think this is what Matt and Trey were going for, but in the movie "FX" the pursuing law enforcement agents (police) are fooled when a dummy is dropped in the middle of the street, and the cops stop for it (then immediately run over it through a fender-bender chain reaction). The cops are freaking out until they realize it's just a dummy distraction and the good guy got away.

- What else???
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Cainman wrote:
So what am I not 'getting' tonight:

- Randy yelling is Darth Vader from the Star Wars movie (did they use the actual sound byte? Sure sounded like it but if not it was a great copy)

- Butters appearing naked in front of everyone from the window was Life of Brian. Butters is back to being a eunuch after the penis-measurement episode earlier this year.

- The whole episode is a take-off of the 'Border Wars' "reality television" series

-Not fully fluent in Spanish so I didn't understand all the radio commentary, but could a small part of it have been a take-off/spoof of the O.J. Simpson chase from 1994? Wasn't quite a white BRONCO but still..

-Don't think this is what Matt and Trey were going for, but in the movie "FX" the pursuing law enforcement agents (police) are fooled when a dummy is dropped in the middle of the street, and the cops stop for it (then immediately run over it through a fender-bender chain reaction). The cops are freaking out until they realize it's just a dummy distraction and the good guy got away.

- What else???

1. Yep, that was the original Star Wars sound bite!

2. Life of Brian, you can't mistake that bit!

3. Never watched Border Wars, so I'll take your word for it.

4. I like what another person said about the radio broadcast sounding more like a soccer match, but your take on it sounds fitting as well!

5. Whoa! FX? I had forgotten all about that movie! Good catch!

6. Of course, there was also the take on the episode title, done to as close a font as they could get to the "Last of the Mohicans" title.

Incidentally, as far as 6 goes, can I just take a minute to say that up until I jogged the title around in my head, I totally misread that? It looked more like "ME-heecans" rather than "Mexicans."

:oops:
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 pm Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 pm2
My favorite party was probably "pew pew pew SCANNING FOR MEXICANS"
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 pm Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Epic episode! I laughed my ass off. ^^
"Baptist priest with a huge boner walks into a bar."
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
triplemultiplex wrote:
JVM wrote:
One scene that really shocked me though, was Cartman electrocuting the Mexicans in the water. I loved the little callback ("Eric T. Cartman") but this is a defining moment for him - Matt and Trey pointed out more than once that it's important Cartman never directly kill anyone (having someone killed via Cthulhu or Farmer Bob Denkins doesn't count) and today, Cartman killed a group of people over virtually nothing - that's character development, folks.

Dude it was a taser; he just stunned them. The water was just there so he could tase the whole group at once. If you're going to complain about something like that, complain about Fatass blasting away at Butters with a hand gun.

Not complaining, complimenting actually.

But wouldn't the electricity and the water together kill them?

I guess maybe not, I'm not well-versed with tasers.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
AngusMcTavish wrote:
6. Of course, there was also the take on the episode title, done to as close a font as they could get to the "Last of the Mohicans" title.
:oops:

The music that underscored Butters as he wandered was a direct nod to the Daniel Day-Lewis movie, as well.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:18 pm Offline
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm1
The song "Work, meeheecan, work" is inspired by Harry Belafonte's 'The Jack Ass Song"
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 pm Offline
Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:54 pm1
This episode is so racist, South Park has no respect, they have done it this time.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:23 pm2
I stuck this in the blooper section but thought I'd share here as well.

I noticed this little mistake:

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Scanning for Meheecans . . . . .
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:32 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
That was an excellent episode, funny throughout and never took itself too seriously. Easily the best episode in years.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i liked it alot 8/10 it was fun to see all the boys have equal screen time. i liked how cartman really tried to stop butters from going over his border. the chase was pretty funny. but what did cartman say respect my what authoritah! im glad they brang back that old phrase again. it was nice to see the mexicans treating butters like a king. i hope 1510 is good.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Enjoyed it very much. Cartman acted like his S4 self, including old catchphrases.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
JVM wrote:
Not complaining, complimenting actually.

But wouldn't the electricity and the water together kill them?

I guess maybe not, I'm not well-versed with tasers.

A taser doesn't have a high enough amperage to deliver a fatal shock, even if the electricity is conducted by water.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 pm Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
Quote:
That was an excellent episode, funny throughout and never took itself too seriously. Easily the best episode in years.

Hellll Yeeeehhh Neegie!!! :!:

Sort by  
Page 4 of 12 173 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next