Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 12 173 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Hey, I actually liked this one!! The twist with the Mexicans wanting to go back to Mexico was hilarious!! (if only it were real...) AnyWAY- wasn't expecting that! So funny how into the Texas vs Mexico game the boys were. That was a lot of fun and the whole time Butters is determined to win just as much as Cartman. lol LOVED the Life of Brian reference!! It was it- it had to be! T&M are Python fans!! So sad but funny how the white couple were making Butters clean the house and wondering why he isn't happy. All the stereotypes in this were LOL. But in the end did the Mexicans ever return to America? Loved how Butters 'leads' them at the end even though Stan told him it should be Kyle's job in the game. And they're just staring at him like... wtf?? Nice how like last week, Cartman's role was minimized.

Overall, a pleasant surprise and one I actually really enjoyed this season :). I give... 8/10 right now until I watch again.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
VIVA EL MANTEQUILLA!

Man, you know you're watching an awesome episode when you're literally on your feet cheering on Butters to outrun Cartman across the border! :mrgreen:

Loved the plot and its many unexpected nice surprises culminating into an epic border dash. Kyle taunting the fatass like the good ol' times as a distraction ploy is like music to my ears. And Butters becoming a Mexican hero and phenon? What an awesome upgrade for a character so little loved and noticed by his peers!

Loved the political message M&T sent with this episode as well. No matter if you're with the "let them stay & thrive" crowd or the "deport & keep them out" crowd, if you have the opportunity to exploit them illegals for your own gain, you totally would. So simple, but yet so well-stated and so true!

And the animation...all I can say is WOW! The fact that the SP Studios gang can put together so much new animation in a span of <7 days for this episode (and many others too) is both mind-boggling and totally amazing. That's the way to show the South Korean animators from all the other animated shows who's who!

Overall, it's a 9.0/10 (for me, 7=good, 8=great, 9=awesome, and The List is the only 10/10), right there with Good Times with Weapons. IMO an all-time Top-10 SP episode and easily the best since Breast Cancer Show Ever.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:39 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Stanluv25 wrote:
The twist with the Mexicans wanting to go back to Mexico was hilarious!! (if only it were real...) AnyWAY- wasn't expecting that!

That twist is actually not that far from reality. With the financial and political mess the US is in, it is now a lot harder for many illegal immigrants to find jobs other than the grueling low-paying ones that even the "derka der" crowd do not want. So fewer of them are crossing over and some have actually returned back home.

And Mexico is getting stronger economically as well (drug war nonwithstanding). If the US can continue to invest in Mexico and help create better job opportunities there, there will be even more incentive for Mexicans to stay put (a fact that M&T relayed in Goobacks).

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Last edited by JerWu17 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I bet Mr. Garrison's really happy right now.

("How about we get rid of all the Mexicans?")
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 pm Offline
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm2
:mrgreen: OMG now I have that song stuck in my head Work Mexican work gotta love butters! one the funniest episode :)
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 pm Offline
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm2
work mexican work gotta love butters
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
i didn't care for this episode, then again, i knew in my heart it'd never live up to the last 2 episodes.

I was pleased to see Stan back to normal, but man...I just do not like Butters episodes, and I don't know why.

I look forward to next week.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Excellent episode i loved the fact that butters became some sort of god to the Mexicans and him getting one up on Cartman made the episode brilliant. I chuckled when Kyle pulled out his mustache from his jacket pocket and when he was arguing with Cartman at the start and later when Cartman said "well i inadvertently won the game".

One of the best episodes if not the best from season 15 great stuff

9/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
anyone else catch the 2 cartman's when Jimmy announced "base"?

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
HAcoreRD wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 12:31 am Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
GREAT episode-- much better than the last two. I felt like the creators were digging themselves a hole with YGO and Ass Burgers and this ep pulled the show right out of it.

I'm never very excited for a Butters-centric show but it was done really well. I found myself actually rooting for him! Could have used more Kenny in this one-- I would have loved to see his family rushing to cross the border to find a better life for themselves in Mexico.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 1:35 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
HAcoreRD wrote:

Yeah, over here -----> viewtopic.php?f=68&t=49123

:)
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 am Offline
Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 am4
Aghhh, this is now one of my favorite South Park episodes!

Mexicans: Hey, you're right! America DOES suck! Let's all go back to Mexico!
Americans: What?! No! I mean... Yeah! Wait... No! You have to stay here and do the things we're too lazy to do!

It had absolutely nothing to do with racism, too; just good ol' American ignorance.

All the while making it a Butters episode. I love it. xD

...btw, how do I change my avatar to happy? I click it, but nothing happens...
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is trying its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." - E. E. Cummings
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
VVhispers wrote:

This topic should explain some: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49050
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
VVhispers wrote:

I fixed it for you. The American site is f*cked, and has been for months. If you want to use your moods, you have to use the British site. And even then, the default expression won't be the one you made in the Avatar Creator.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 5 of 12 173 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next