Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 12 173 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
BRMBug wrote:
It was leaning up against the TV cabinet in the basement. You could see it when they panned out from the TV to show the boys all sprawled out on the floor. That was like one of the first things I commented on on the first page. :D

Ahh, I see it now. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 4:33 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
missdarcy wrote:
Looooovedd "Work Mexican Work"

Me too! When nall put "Coon and Friends Alert" under Fans/Downloads/Sounds/Season 14, (after Bug requested it, if I remember correctly), I downloaded it right away and made it one of my ringtones 8)

nall, or Will ala the Scriptorium, would it be possible to hear and download ♪♪ Work, Mexican Work ♪♪ ????
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:

That is so great, Will! Thanks so much :D

It is now one of my ringtones, on my iPod, and on my computer.

I don't know why - maybe the harmony or something in that song. I guess all I can say is that I like the tune. Thanks again :)
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 5:55 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
BRMBug wrote:
Oh, and I was gonna say that we had some El Pollo Loco's here in Dallas and Irving, but it turns out that they're El Pollo Regio. :/

Here in Oakland we have an authentic El Pollo Loco. It's actually pretty good, sort of like a healthier, Mexican KFC crossed with Boston Market.

And BRM, where did your Future Self go?
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 6:14 pm Offline
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Here in Oakland we have an authentic El Pollo Loco. It's actually pretty good, sort of like a healthier, Mexican KFC crossed with Boston Market.

Well, almost; Boston Market tastes sooo salty imho. El Pollo Loco is just marinated chicken cooked over a real flame grill :)

And yes, like Boston Market, they also carry side dishes.

Here's a pic of the flame grill, cooking some chicken:

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 14, 2011 9:26 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I've never tried Regio. Every time I pass by one there are plumes of smoke pouring out of the exhaust vent from them burning chickens. It's not as appetizing a smell as you might imagine.

UhhIDontKnow wrote:
And BRM, where did your Future Self go?

Everyone was changing their avvies left and right. I figured it was time for a change as well, plus I wanted to use some of the Cartman Burger garb. I almost feel like doing it again since everyone else has CB garb now too.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Big-Will wrote:

Cool :mrgreen:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
pootycancerXD wrote:
Quote:
Cartman tried to KILL Butters. He tried to MURDER Butters.

The 10-year-old boy Cartman tried to kill his classmate. Never have I seen a 3-dimensional character become so 1-dimensional.

He had Scott tenormans parents killed, chopped up into little pieces and fed to him... I think we concluded long ago that cartman is a crazy little bastard.

Just shut up and watch the damn show ya know, it's funny.

I've addressed this stupid counter-argument before:

Scott Tenorman episode was the first time Cartman did something VERY evil, and it shocked us all. We had never seen Cartman do something like that. It worked, because it broke the rules and we laughed at the black humor.

Now, Cartman is murdering people left, right and centre, and evil acts are a dime-a-dozen. It's not shocking anymore. Cartman being evil started being funny and STOPPED being funny in the same episode (Scott Tenorman). They should have left it there, and Cartman should have gone back to being the smartass little kid we used to love.

The smartass kid who didn't TRY TO MURDER HIS FRIENDS.
The smartass kid who didn't pull guns on people.
The smartass kid who didn't run over NASCAR fans, killing them.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 11:08 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Brendle wrote:
pootycancerXD wrote:
Quote:
Cartman tried to KILL Butters. He tried to MURDER Butters.

The 10-year-old boy Cartman tried to kill his classmate. Never have I seen a 3-dimensional character become so 1-dimensional.

He had Scott tenormans parents killed, chopped up into little pieces and fed to him... I think we concluded long ago that cartman is a crazy little bastard.

Just shut up and watch the damn show ya know, it's funny.

I've addressed this stupid counter-argument before:

Scott Tenorman episode was the first time Cartman did something VERY evil, and it shocked us all. We had never seen Cartman do something like that. It worked, because it broke the rules and we laughed at the black humor.

Now, Cartman is murdering people left, right and centre, and evil acts are a dime-a-dozen. It's not shocking anymore. Cartman being evil started being funny and STOPPED being funny in the same episode (Scott Tenorman). They should have left it there, and Cartman should have gone back to being the smartass little kid we used to love.

The smartass kid who didn't TRY TO MURDER HIS FRIENDS.
The smartass kid who didn't pull guns on people.
The smartass kid who didn't run over NASCAR fans, killing them.

Season 4, Trapper Keeper - runs Barbrady's patrol car in to Bill Cosby, crushing him against a brick wall.

Season 4, Hellen Keller the Musical - tries to have Gobbles killed by a stage light, kills Kenny instead. And remember the thoughts that go through his mind every time he closes his eyes from this episode.

And the episode right before Scott Tenorman was Super Best Friends where Cartman tells on Kyle and essentially sentences him to death.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 12:17 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
As long as Cartman fails in killing Butters, I don't care. :)

As for tasers in water, a taser will do what it was designed to do - incapacitate the suspect so he's easier to arrest. If the water is deep enough, the suspect might drown, but in the episode's case, the water wasn't deep enough for anyone to drown, so no one can say Cartman was trying to, ahem, murder them.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm Offline
Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm358Los Angeles, California
I just done watching this again with my dear friend Emily. She loved it!
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 4:34 pm Offline
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm11
Has anybody else noticed the ninja-Clyde and ninja-Craig figures in Cartman's basement?! Y'know, from Good Time With Weapons!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Season 4, Trapper Keeper - runs Barbrady's patrol car in to Bill Cosby, crushing him against a brick wall.

Season 4, Hellen Keller the Musical - tries to have Gobbles killed by a stage light, kills Kenny instead. And remember the thoughts that go through his mind every time he closes his eyes from this episode.

And the episode right before Scott Tenorman was Super Best Friends where Cartman tells on Kyle and essentially sentences him to death.

So you have three examples of Cartman doing what I called "VERY evil" things, one of which isn't even that bad (he tried to kill a turkey, for Christ's sake).

The third example is a running joke in the series where Cartman wants to kill Kyle. He gives him AIDS in one episode. In another episode, he takes him out on a boat in a lake and hits him with a wiffle bat. So it's a running gag, and of course...most of these attempts to kill Kyle were AFTER Scott Tenorman. Pre-Tenorman Eric Cartman (ie...the LIKEABLE, REAL Eric Cartman) would never, ever try to murder Kyle or his friends.

The first example is evil, yes, but it's in a ridiculously absurd context (that whole Trapper Keeper episode is silly/absurd). But yes, it's evil, and it's your only valid example.

So you have three examples from a span of 5 seasons. I have 10 examples in Season 14/15 alone to illustrate how lame Cartman has become:

- He murders Sarah Jessica Parker by dressing her up as a bear and putting her in the woods

- He laughs at his friend getting hanged from a chopper, ala Scarface parody

- He pulls a gun on someone when he's trying to buy KFC from them

- He murders NASCAR fans on a NASCAR track by running them over

- He slashes an innocent girl's face with blades when she doesn't know who Coon is

- He slashes Kyle (Human Kite's) face with blades

- He murders hundreds of people with Cthulu

- He tries to murder Butters

- He takes a bank hostage (or whatever) in T.M.I.

- He texts his therapist's wife and forces her to kill herself
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i just saw the new title for the new ep. its called bass to mouth. whatever it means it doesn't sound right. but i have to see first. there's no clip or anything else to see yet? nall will prob announce it soon.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Sort by  
Page 10 of 12 173 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next