Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 11 of 12 173 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 8:38 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
203177 wrote:
i just saw the new title for the new ep. its called bass to mouth. whatever it means it doesn't sound right. but i have to see first. there's no clip or anything else to see yet? nall will prob announce it soon.


Confirming "Bass to Mouth" is the title :D

I wonder if it's a bass, as in a bass guitar, or bass, as in the fish :?: We will have to wait for 1510's pre-air thread :)

/on topic now: imho we needed this change of pace - the boys being boys. And it did aspire me this week I admit to eat more El Pollo Loco than normal. I really did!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
this ep makes me wanna eat mexican food.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 17, 2011 1:16 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
zzyzx 1 wrote:
203177 wrote:
i just saw the new title for the new ep. its called bass to mouth. whatever it means it doesn't sound right. but i have to see first. there's no clip or anything else to see yet? nall will prob announce it soon.


Confirming "Bass to Mouth" is the title :D

I wonder if it's a bass, as in a bass guitar, or bass, as in the fish :?: We will have to wait for 1510's pre-air thread :)

/on topic now: imho we needed this change of pace - the boys being boys. And it did aspire me this week I admit to eat more El Pollo Loco than normal. I really did!

The fish. The musical instrument is pronounced "base."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Brendle wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Season 4, Trapper Keeper - runs Barbrady's patrol car in to Bill Cosby, crushing him against a brick wall.

Season 4, Hellen Keller the Musical - tries to have Gobbles killed by a stage light, kills Kenny instead. And remember the thoughts that go through his mind every time he closes his eyes from this episode.

And the episode right before Scott Tenorman was Super Best Friends where Cartman tells on Kyle and essentially sentences him to death.

So you have three examples of Cartman doing what I called "VERY evil" things, one of which isn't even that bad (he tried to kill a turkey, for Christ's sake).

The third example is a running joke in the series where Cartman wants to kill Kyle. He gives him AIDS in one episode. In another episode, he takes him out on a boat in a lake and hits him with a wiffle bat. So it's a running gag, and of course...most of these attempts to kill Kyle were AFTER Scott Tenorman. Pre-Tenorman Eric Cartman (ie...the LIKEABLE, REAL Eric Cartman) would never, ever try to murder Kyle or his friends.

The first example is evil, yes, but it's in a ridiculously absurd context (that whole Trapper Keeper episode is silly/absurd). But yes, it's evil, and it's your only valid example.

So you have three examples from a span of 5 seasons. I have 10 examples in Season 14/15 alone to illustrate how lame Cartman has become:

- He murders Sarah Jessica Parker by dressing her up as a bear and putting her in the woods

- He laughs at his friend getting hanged from a chopper, ala Scarface parody

- He pulls a gun on someone when he's trying to buy KFC from them

- He murders NASCAR fans on a NASCAR track by running them over

- He slashes an innocent girl's face with blades when she doesn't know who Coon is

- He slashes Kyle (Human Kite's) face with blades

- He murders hundreds of people with Cthulu

- He tries to murder Butters

- He takes a bank hostage (or whatever) in T.M.I.

- He texts his therapist's wife and forces her to kill herself


Your examples are irrelevant to the argument. I never claimed Cartman didn't act like an evil little bastard many times after season 5/Tenorman. What I said is that the seed for evil was already planted firmly before then. It was in response to this erroneous statement:

"Scott Tenorman episode was the first time Cartman did something VERY evil"

See? And Brendle, people/characters change and grow. Learn to take a left turn sometimes, stop clinging to 3rd grade Cartman because he's gone.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 17, 2011 3:52 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Brendle wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Season 4, Trapper Keeper - runs Barbrady's patrol car in to Bill Cosby, crushing him against a brick wall.

Season 4, Hellen Keller the Musical - tries to have Gobbles killed by a stage light, kills Kenny instead. And remember the thoughts that go through his mind every time he closes his eyes from this episode.

And the episode right before Scott Tenorman was Super Best Friends where Cartman tells on Kyle and essentially sentences him to death.

So you have three examples of Cartman doing what I called "VERY evil" things, one of which isn't even that bad (he tried to kill a turkey, for Christ's sake).

The third example is a running joke in the series where Cartman wants to kill Kyle. He gives him AIDS in one episode. In another episode, he takes him out on a boat in a lake and hits him with a wiffle bat. So it's a running gag, and of course...most of these attempts to kill Kyle were AFTER Scott Tenorman. Pre-Tenorman Eric Cartman (ie...the LIKEABLE, REAL Eric Cartman) would never, ever try to murder Kyle or his friends.

The first example is evil, yes, but it's in a ridiculously absurd context (that whole Trapper Keeper episode is silly/absurd). But yes, it's evil, and it's your only valid example.

So you have three examples from a span of 5 seasons. I have 10 examples in Season 14/15 alone to illustrate how lame Cartman has become:

- He murders Sarah Jessica Parker by dressing her up as a bear and putting her in the woods

- He laughs at his friend getting hanged from a chopper, ala Scarface parody

- He pulls a gun on someone when he's trying to buy KFC from them

- He murders NASCAR fans on a NASCAR track by running them over

- He slashes an innocent girl's face with blades when she doesn't know who Coon is

- He slashes Kyle (Human Kite's) face with blades

- He murders hundreds of people with Cthulu

- He tries to murder Butters

- He takes a bank hostage (or whatever) in T.M.I.

- He texts his therapist's wife and forces her to kill herself


Your examples are irrelevant to the argument. I never claimed Cartman didn't act like an evil little bastard many times after season 5/Tenorman. What I said is that the seed for evil was already planted firmly before then. It was in response to this erroneous statement:

"Scott Tenorman episode was the first time Cartman did something VERY evil"

See? And Brendle, people/characters change and grow. Learn to take a left turn sometimes, stop clinging to 3rd grade Cartman because he's gone.

Of course they're not irrelevant to the argument. The argument was that Cartman has become MUCH more evil than he used to be, to the point of ridiculousness/shittyness.

Sure, the "seeds" were planted but the seeds were also planted for Stan and Kyle to do evil, too...except they're not cold-blooded murderers like Cartman now. They're GOOD characters.

Posting 10 examples of ridiculously evil things in the last two seasons to contrast your THREE examples in the first 4 seasons is a great argument.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 17, 2011 4:14 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Of course they're not irrelevant to the argument. The argument was that Cartman has become MUCH more evil than he used to be, to the point of ridiculousness/shittyness.

Sure, the "seeds" were planted but the seeds were also planted for Stan and Kyle to do evil, too...except they're not cold-blooded murderers like Cartman now. They're GOOD characters.

Posting 10 examples of ridiculously evil things in the last two seasons to contrast your THREE examples in the first 4 seasons is a great argument.[/quote]

No it's not, not when the point you are debating is: was Cartman ever very evil pre Tenorman. Then it's irrelevant fluff. My three examples (using voice of Craig) are three more than you claimed existed. So rather than just admit that, you list things that are not on point to try to save face.

In 4 seasons (Tenorman was close to the start of 5), I have come up with 3 very evil examples. In 10 seasons you have 10. So it's about .75 evil acts per season pre Tenorman, and 1.0 per episode after. Yes a change but not anywhere near as dramatic as you're claiming.

Stan and Kyle do not see mice eating each other's heads and nuclear mushroom clouds every time they close their eyes, they are not Cartman. They also both have dads and Cartman's home situation would tend to produce someone crazy - no dad, mom is on the cover of crack whore magazine. Why are you comparing them anyway when the question again is: did Cartman ever do anything evil pre Tenorman :santa:
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
No it's not, not when the point you are debating is: was Cartman ever very evil pre Tenorman. Then it's irrelevant fluff. My three examples (using voice of Craig) are three more than you claimed existed. So rather than just admit that, you list things that are not on point to try to save face.

If you read my post, I claimed that Cartman had never done anything as evil as killing Scott Tenorman's parents and feeding them to him, until that episode. You posted three examples that DIDN'T COME CLOSE. You even had to resort to Cartman killing a goddamn turkey.

I didn't claim NO examples of Cartman being mean/evil existed.

UhhIDontKnow wrote:
In 4 seasons (Tenorman was close to the start of 5), I have come up with 3 very evil examples. In 10 seasons you have 10. So it's about .75 evil acts per season pre Tenorman, and 1.0 per episode after. Yes a change but not anywhere near as dramatic as you're claiming.

What?! In 10 seasons I have 10? This is you not reading again. Reading can be helpful, you know.

I listed ten examples from the last TWO seasons alone. So since this season is only half-done, then that would be roughly 6.66 "evil acts" per season...a liiiiittle bit higher than a rate of 0.75, ya know?

There is absolutely nothing likeable about Cartman. He's not even cunning in his evil ways now, like he was in Tenorman. He doesn't act like a fat fifth grader, he doesn't sound like a fat fifth grader.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 19, 2011 9:55 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
Who caught "mommy's toys" ?
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
^ Oh yeah, a good number of us might have seen that by now.

:lol:

Still funny!
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 19, 2011 10:00 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
Good! Sorry for being a bad poster and not reading previous messages!
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 19, 2011 10:03 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
^ Think nothing of it. I'm sure that by the time I first posted something about an ep, it may have already been mentioned before, so it's not uncommon.

:)
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 am OfflineSite Admin
  • Profile
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Just a quick note that we've got new wallpapers, including one from this episode.
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 7:10 am Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
nall wrote:
Just a quick note that we've got new wallpapers, including one from this episode.



Yay! :D

Thanks, nall :)

They all look fantastic 8)
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 am Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
nall wrote:
Just a quick note that we've got new wallpapers, including one from this episode.



Awesome! I already set one up. :)
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am5Long Beach, Ca
Just loved this episode, despite the fact that I am Mexican. I love Cartman in this one "respeto a mi autoridad!" Kyle with his mustache was too funny! The stereotypes really made me laugh....just thought it was brilliant. "you are going the wrong way!", gotta love the border patrol..lol :lol:
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 11 of 12 173 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X