Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ I agree, to some level. He does care about cats, he took them in and hid them when they were illegal. But of course he isn't that nice to his own cat most of the time. Cartman does care about his mother too but again, why show it when he doesn't need to do much to get her to do something for him? He defiantly cares about Kenny and Stan. Butters... that's up for debate. Kyle I don't see it, he just has him around because he's the best to make fun of. I think Smug Alert explained that's the only reason he saved him.
I think the Wendy thing was a one-time thing. Sure he was bummed but ever since then he's been nasty to her. I don't get this couple among many others and he seems to enjoy his torment of her, there's nothing about him to suggest he still likes her like you usually get from love/hate relationships.

Back to the eppy- as much as I laughed when Selena Gomez was beat, they could have used a more-deserving, annoying star. Dunno who atm but I know there are worse cases.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
99 i fail wrote:
And who WOULDN'T have a clue who Selena Gomez is?
She's a teen star and Justin Bieber's sorta-girlfriend.

The vast majority of humanity, who do not pay any attention to teen stars, do not have a clue who Selena Gomez is. I had very little idea who she was.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Zazaban wrote:
99 i fail wrote:

The vast majority of humanity, who do not pay any attention to teen stars, do not have a clue who Selena Gomez is. I had very little idea who she was.

I forgot who she was until reading about her in this forum. LOL. Actually I think it would have been alot funnier if they would have beaten up Justin Bieber, but that's just me :)
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I almost turned suicidal when I thought "OMG they just killed off Eric Cartman!". Well OK, I kid, that's a bit extreme of a statement, but I'm not gunna post on the internet "I cried". LOL c'mon now...which for the record, I did not cry. Oh damn I guess I did just post that. My bad!

The whole "ghost" thing was kinda stupid. The actual fight scene with Lemmiwinks and Wikileaks was lame. The rest of the episode wasn't exactly "epic" but it was funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this was one of the worst episodes, in my opinion...in fact, not even close to that. After 15 seasons though there ain't much surprise left, though. THAT, I can understand. I mean, look at The Simpsons. They were dead a long time ago, yet they're (for some reason) still going strong. It's still funny, just predictable.

Having that said, I'll be sad to see South Park go away after this season. I hope it returns. Cartman is my favorite cartoon character of all time. Beavis & Butt-head (both of them) are a close second, followed by Bart & Homer Simpson (again, both of them).

But back to the episode, this was very relevant. There's been a lot of talk in the news lately about "bullying" and yes it's a very serious topic. I fell victim to it in grade school and to this day (20 years later), it still hurts, to an extent, it was THAT bad. Nowadays when kids are bullied, it's very easy to hide into social media (i.e. Twitter, FB, G+ or other forms of blogging), assume an "online personality" and become jaded about reality. Nowadays, it has become easier to find new ways to "bash" others because of peer pressures brought on by reality TV. Don't believe me? Think about it for a minute. Try not to hurt your "fragile little mind(s)".

On a related note, when I think of reality TV stars, the question, "Yeah, but, what did she do??" comes to mind...another South Park episode. Remember the "Whore-off" episode with Paris Hilton vs Mr. Slave?" I wish they'd do another, similar one that includes Kim Kardashian and Snooki. I still don't know what any of them did to become famous.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 7:59 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
JOSHSKORN wrote:
The whole "ghost" thing was kinda stupid. The actual fight scene with Lemmiwinks and Wikileaks was lame. The rest of the episode wasn't exactly "epic" but it was funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this was one of the worst episodes, in my opinion...in fact, not even close to that. After 15 seasons though there ain't much surprise left, though. THAT, I can understand. I mean, look at The Simpsons. They were dead a long time ago, yet they're (for some reason) still going strong. It's still funny, just predictable.

Having that said, I'll be sad to see South Park go away after this season. I hope it returns. Cartman is my favorite cartoon character of all time. Beavis & Butt-head (both of them) are a close second, followed by Bart & Homer Simpson (again, both of them).

Perfectly agree with you on the ghost thing. And South Park is confirmed to have a 16th and 17th season! So don't worry! It'll be around for a other two years (but not much if any after that)...
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
maxbjr wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
99 i fail wrote:

I forgot who she was until reading about her in this forum. LOL. Actually I think it would have been alot funnier if they would have beaten up Justin Bieber, but that's just me :)

Cthulu already took care of Justin Bieber for us. Picked him up by the head and crushed him like a little bug.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 12:22 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Unassumption wrote:
I laughed hella over Cartman's hanibal lector antics, and the staff literally tossing him under the bus, and the musicc coming every time lemniwinks was on screen

Weak... I refer you to "Spookyfish" and spell check.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Most of this sh*t was just random as hell. It was like a Family Guy episode.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Where were you five years ago?
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
No, see, a Family Guy episode would have had a single cutaway to the battle between the rodents that would have nothing to do with anything else that was happening. In Bass to Mouth the surreal occurrences all followed a plot.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 6:08 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Yeah, fair enough, but Catatafish and his bass to mouth jokes weren't really relevant to the plot.

Am I retarded or did Principal Victoria's office change?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 6:40 pm Offline
Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 am15Italy
I really liked this episode :D i think that Catatafish is Berlusconi, lol
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 6:48 pm Offline
Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am28
Funniest episode in like 2 seasons. Great way to bring back Lemmiwinks.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 7:11 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Brendle wrote:
Am I retarded or did Principal Victoria's office change?

We saw the faculty room for the first time, that's for sure.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 22, 2011 9:01 pm Offline
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:58 pm2
To be candid, this was a bitter-tasting episode for me. There were very funny things in it - it seemed like bits and pieces moving very fast. I thought Cartman was hilarious (and conspiring with the teachers). I thought the topic of suicide and affirmative action in response was a top-notch start. The rats who do not speak - not too funny for me.
The bitter part for me was wikileaks vs lemmiwinks.

Assange is a true hero, and a courageous one, whereas the NewsCorp affair was the opposite. I have a problem with this being programming for an ignorant audience that doesn't know what to think about such things, and who ultimately get their cues from (whatever).

The previous episode, Texicans vs Mexicans - uprorious. Priceles stuff. Now and again, there is an episode that isn't on the level of the really great ones - everybody gets a day off. Still, some very funny parts, here.

Sort by  
Page 11 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next