Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 13 188 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 7:56 pm Offline
Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 pm14Yosemite, Ca.
The life-jacket being removed indicated that there would be a need for it somewhere. The Book of Mormon show and the broadway musical spoof goes hand in hand. Trey zinged the Mormons pretty good with his movie, "Orgazmo".

It was a scream when Randy realized his daughter was watching the show which he created for inducing oral sex. There is a bit of irony in there somewhere.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yochuna wrote:
The life-jacket being removed indicated that there would be a need for it somewhere. The Book of Mormon show and the broadway musical spoof goes hand in hand. Trey zinged the Mormons pretty good with his movie, "Orgazmo".

It was a scream when Randy realized his daughter was watching the show which he created for inducing oral sex. There is a bit of irony in there somewhere.

Um, he didn't create "Wicked."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 pm Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
The f*ck?! This episode sucked ass... I laughed once... when Randy put on the spiderman outfit. I didn't even laugh at the joke... I laughed at how he ran. You guys actually liked this one?? I don't see how Kenny having his coat off makes it a great episode, give me a f*cking break. What, was he supposed to swim with it on? The ending line didn't even get a chuckle out of me. Waste of 30 mins...

This one beats Funnynot for worst episode of the season for me. It should be noted that there are maybe 5 episodes I don't care for in the entire series, so this isn't just aimless cynicism. Matt and Trey, maybe don't frame the next episode around an outside project and it will be funny. Damn... seriously... maybe you guys need to start writing episodes more than a week ahead of time.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 10:49 pm Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Okay, okay... that was said out of anger. The one positive thing I can add to that is props to you guys for making fun of vegans, even if it didn't make me laugh. It's sure to inflame some little piss ant thistle nommer somewhere and make them choke on their wheatgrass. That has to count for something...
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 11:07 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
South Park Jesus wrote:
maybe don't frame the next episode around an outside project and it will be funny.

Technically, this episode was not "framed" on an outside project, as Book of Mormon didn't get so much as a cameo in New York.
Also, this episode was totally funny. Self-righteous vegans (I know a few of those) catchy songs about fellatio, Larry doing something awkward but sweet and then running away, Spider-Man putting an end to Broadway...
All hilarious.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 11:19 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Yochuna wrote:

Um, he didn't create "Wicked."

Great point, but the irony is that he created a show for sexual gratification and then finding out that his daughter was attending a show which may result in her doing what he hoped his wife would be doing after seeing such a show.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
And Sharon's realization that she's unwittingly been doing this for years. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 am Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
NeuroHeart wrote:
... All hilarious.

Don't forget frickin "Man Time" (want that song) and Randy being so overt he put Sharon's name in his musical. :lol:
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 8:40 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
And Sharon's realization that she's unwittingly been doing this for years. :lol:

What about when Sharon mentions the names of a couple other guys she went ot a musical with?

It didn't seem to shock her all that much. Randy didn't have much to say about it.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 9:31 am Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
South Park Jesus wrote:
Okay, okay... that was said out of anger. The one positive thing I can add to that is props to you guys for making fun of vegans, even if it didn't make me laugh. It's sure to inflame some little piss ant thistle nommer somewhere and make them choke on their wheatgrass. That has to count for something...

You are either a mediocre troll or an absolute retard.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
AtheistOtter wrote:
Don't forget frickin "Man Time" (want that song)

Man Time!

AtheistOtter wrote:
Randy being so overt he put Sharon's name in his musical. :lol:

What? I didn't hear her name in there.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Brendle wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Brendle wrote:
Gosh...all you ever talk about is how stupid/annoying Randy is.

And how Stan should have been on more. You don't seem to care at all about the comedy or the story, which is what M&T care about. They don't give a damn about your precious Stan.

Great post, always nice to see you putting others down over totally subjective matters as usual. You're a real champ.

I'm not putting her down. I like Stanluv25. Well, for the most part. Her positivity and her obsession with Stan is cool, but her hating Mexicans isn't cool. And I just don't understand where she's coming from when she criticizes Randy.

She says he is a dick. Well, of course he is. That's where the humor comes from. He's a self-centered, stupid, ignorant jerk. Whenever M&T want to make fun of a certain point of view or philosophy, they make Randy have it.

He isn't a very good father, certainly not a very good husband, but...I like him. He's likeable. His heart's in the right place. He means well.

If Randy wasn't likeable at his core, nobody would find him funny. Same goes for Homer Simpson, and all the buffoons in comedy. Cartman used to be likeable...but now he's just a cold-blooded murderer.

I don't like sounding racist but if you live in California where all you've been hearing the past 10 years is Spanish anywhere you go and seeing Spanish written everywhere.... it gets to you. We're all a little racist, even just a smidge.

I guess it's because I don't have the most loving and understanding father that it bothers me seeing one on screen hailed as the greatest character after Cartman. *but Eric is cool* And watching The Simpsons all my life and seeing buffoon Homer doing a lot more for his family... it makes him more likable than Randy. For me. So that's where the dislike for Randy comes from.

So that's just me. :cartmansmirk:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 2:31 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Stanluv25 wrote:
I guess it's because I don't have the most loving and understanding father that it bothers me seeing one on screen hailed as the greatest character after Cartman.

You think people hail Randy as a great character because of his high morals? :lol: Sorry about your experiences with your dad, but a lot of us love Randy because he's allowed to do things we wouldn't want our dads to do. :lol: And remember, South Park is a redneck mountain town, so the dads there should be like your father.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 3:27 pm Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm49
Big_Will thanks heaps for the Man Time song!

Is there anywhere/any way I can download it?
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 3:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
It's probably in your browser's cache now - you can get it from there. Or you can right-click on the link and save.
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 11 of 13 188 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next