Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 6 of 8 108 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
I did not see tron, so that part was a bit lost on me

*facepalm* Thor. Tron was referenced in a totally other episode.

Stanluv25 wrote:
And I don't get why Natile Portman was on it. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with her work or her in the tabloids.

Again, Thor.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 12:30 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
SajiNoKami wrote:
I am waiting for the day they say one of the 4 boys is not human.

You missed it; that was implied last year.

Quote:
if you were not there, how do you know the truth?

If I've never met you, how do I know you're even alive? Likewise, how would I know you do not respect The Occam? (And if I've never met you, what is my basis for thinking you probably have no idea what I'm referring to?) (Google it.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I haven't seen Thor so I can see how the whole pilgram/indian Thor reference is lost on people. The pilgram/indian war kinda dragged for me, might have been more interesting if I'd seen Thor. The whole Natile Portman subplot was funny as hell though. (from what I understand, she appears in Thor.) After seeing it twice, I love the awkward dinnerdate even more. "mmmm no." lol Cartman did well as a background roleplayer throwing out some old school insults, but Kenny just sorta disappeared in this episode. Hope he gets more time in the season ender. The 1/16 Native American was a classic take those jerks who claim a heritage they never lived and know nothing about. I still rate this as a good but not great episode. I never like it when large parts of the episode are taken over by one-time charactors no matter how funny they are.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Okay, I was pretty sure before, but upon rewatch... Did Trey do Natalie Portman's voice? Because it sounds rather masculine. Happened in Last of the Meheecans, too, with the woman who took Butters in. What's up with that?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
AtheistOtter wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
I did not see tron, so that part was a bit lost on me

*facepalm* Thor. Tron was referenced in a totally other episode.

Stanluv25 wrote:
And I don't get why Natile Portman was on it. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with her work or her in the tabloids.

Again, Thor.



Ooops, my bad. No need to freak out on me. It was a mistake. Lol. Thor. thor. Hahah, now i feel a bit stupid. Anyway, need more coffee :tweek: :tweek: :tweek:
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
AtheistOtter wrote:
Okay, I was pretty sure before, but upon rewatch... Did Trey do Natalie Portman's voice? Because it sounds rather masculine.

I'm pretty sure that was one of the women who provides voices for the show.
AtheistOtter wrote:
Happened in Last of the Meheecans, too, with the woman who took Butters in. What's up with that?

That indeed was Trey.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Big-Will wrote:
AtheistOtter wrote:
Okay, I was pretty sure before, but upon rewatch... Did Trey do Natalie Portman's voice? Because it sounds rather masculine.

I'm pretty sure that was one of the women who provides voices for the show.

I really don't think it sounded like a woman's voice. It sounded like the 'woman' in Last of the Meheecans at a very slightly higher pitch. Since there are, as you say, women who provide voices for the show, I'm not sure why Trey would be voicing female characters.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 2:26 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Hmmm, he's gotten rather good at voicing women since his days as Ms. Choksondik. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
AtheistOtter wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
I did not see tron, so that part was a bit lost on me

*facepalm* Thor. Tron was referenced in a totally other episode.

Stanluv25 wrote:
And I don't get why Natile Portman was on it. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with her work or her in the tabloids.

Again, Thor.


Okay, we get it. I have not seen the movie so wouldn't know. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 3:02 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
^^It's ok. This episode would really only make sense if you watched the movie....I recommend it, it was a good movie.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 3:28 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Stanluv25 wrote:
Okay, we get it. I have not seen the movie so wouldn't know. :roll:

Well and good, I didn't say you should have seen it (though for the record, it's highly entertaining) but it was mentioned at least 25 times in this thread before you said you had no idea what Natalie Portman was doing there, something that was mentioned at least five times itself.
I thought this was a discussion board. Is it really hard to read a few posts about an episode to see if there's some answer there before you say, "I didn't get it. What was this-and-so about?" When it's already been answered, that sort of thing just bogs down a discussion. (I thought, perhaps, making the movie title big and bold might catch some attention, and prevent further repetitive redundancy.)
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 3:48 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
I feel ya, Otter. It's okay.

Thor was good, though. I might have to rent it again.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
I haven't seen the movie and it made perfect sense - caught the reference early on. If you've seen the preview you know the plot of Thor... :roll:

This was probably my favorite episode from this half of the season. Ripping on the History Channel was priceless.

*edit* btw, "DeVry" had me lmao.
- the word as it came from Jesus
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
AtheistOtter wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
Okay, we get it. I have not seen the movie so wouldn't know. :roll:

Well and good, I didn't say you should have seen it (though for the record, it's highly entertaining) but it was mentioned at least 25 times in this thread before you said you had no idea what Natalie Portman was doing there, something that was mentioned at least five times itself.
I thought this was a discussion board. Is it really hard to read a few posts about an episode to see if there's some answer there before you say, "I didn't get it. What was this-and-so about?" When it's already been answered, that sort of thing just bogs down a discussion. (I thought, perhaps, making the movie title big and bold might catch some attention, and prevent further repetitive redundancy.)


tbh I'm pretty forgetful. I know it was mentioned before but at that moment I didn't know why she was in the eppy.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:30 pm5Omaha, NE
FOR STUFFING!

Very random episode. Loved it.
Secret Society of Cynics
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 6 of 8 108 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X