Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 8 108 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSun Nov 13, 2011 2:07 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm49
for some reason the caravan scenes reminded me of Paul...
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Herzy_fied wrote:

Er, what?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Big-Will wrote:
Herzy_fied wrote:

Er, what?

If I remember correctly, Paul was a comedic science fiction movie from the Sean of the Dead team. (I haven't actually seen it; I meant to but never got 'round to it.)
I doubt it was an homage, since there were caravan/camping type scenes in Thor, but I suppose it's possible, if there was something specific.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 pm Offline
Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm358Los Angeles, California
NeuroHeart wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
Herzy_fied wrote:

Er, what?

If I remember correctly, Paul was a comedic science fiction movie from the Sean of the Dead team. (I haven't actually seen it; I meant to but never got 'round to it.)
I doubt it was an homage, since there were caravan/camping type scenes in Thor, but I suppose it's possible, if there was something specific.

Not to be off topic, but PAUL is got the best comedy I've seen since THE HANGOVER PART II.

"It's probing time!" -- Paul
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostSun Nov 13, 2011 3:43 pm Offline
Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 am1
dude, i dont know if anybody watched dune scientific fiction ,the first from 1984 ,cus i think most of users here ,werent even born, and i watched it wen i was a kid ,but the sarcastic joke toke exactly the same story from the book ,whoever controls the spice(stuff) controls the universe lol.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostMon Nov 14, 2011 3:10 pm Offline
Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:25 am2Clearwater
I love how South Park references things that I know or like, It's definitely one of the many things I really enjoy about the show. When the guy said "For he who controls the stuffing, controls the universe," I was like hell yea! Dune reference. Also the Ancient Aliens reference is cool because I like that show but they rip on it because the so called experts always assume if there isn't a rational explanation then aliens must be involved. The Thor parody was great too. Excellent episode guys, keep up the good work.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 pm845Texas
Oh wow, on the History channel RIGHT now is 'Aliens and the Third Reich.'

It's too perfect.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I'm still kinda confused- when Miles Standish said 'he who controls the stuffing' who was he talking about? It sounded as if there was one ultimate god or person or whatever who controlled everything or something.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
I'm White Trash and I'm in Trouble! :lol:

Wow! What an AWESOME beginning....
the only thing now is I wish I could understand what Kevin was sayin at first, but seeing Mysterion, and now CARTMAN being the poorest (blames Craig first)...

All the Penn State sh*t. Wooow.

Mamma Sooo poor! HAHA! :lol:

Then the agnostic kids...man.

BAHAHAHA!!! My name is NOT meeem! :lol:

Damn! Mysterion is awesome!! :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 pm Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
I'm still kinda confused- when Miles Standish said 'he who controls the stuffing' who was he talking about? It sounded as if there was one ultimate god or person or whatever who controlled everything or something.

"He who controls Arakis controls the spice. He who controls the spice controls the universe."

("I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.")

...In summation, read Dune.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The question is, what would the Indians do with the stuffing? We know the Pilgrims would make it available to us Americans for Thanksgiving each year. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
The question is, what would the Indians do with the stuffing? We know the Pilgrims would make it available to us Americans for Thanksgiving each year. :)

Maybe if they ate enough of it, they'd be able to see the future. Or their population was growing and they're all fatally addicted to the stuffing, so they needed access to survive. Or they just wanted to lord it over the rest of the universe. Hard to know.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
IconOfEvi wrote:
When they made the Spice reference, I knew

Plymouth = House Atreides ?
Indi = House Harkonnen ?
Earth = Arrakis
Stuffing = Spice!

So what you're saying is they combined Thor and Dune into one mega-spoof, eh? Eh, I kind of see it.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Dec 01, 2011 6:41 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Big-Will wrote:

They were like the Harkonens, they wanted to control the flow of the spice, er the stuffing, throughout the universe.
FInally, justice has been dealt! PostTue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 am Offline
Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm0
Finally they pickd on the History Channel. I'll tell you what, it had that coming.
Seriously, the channel is not the same anymore, and it justly deserved a South Park ep. Serves them right.
ANYWAY 1/16 indian was pretty good. Thor pilgirm = lol
Pretty good episode overall: 8.5/10

"You are watching the Histoy Channel, whre the truth...is History" <- Truedat.

Sort by  
Page 7 of 8 108 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next