Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 10 142 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm28
elactor wrote:
kalbahamut wrote:
Jesus Christ some of you guys take this show waaay too freaking seriously. How do you write fan fiction about South Park?? weird. And not just in this thread but in others... some of the posters to this forum get so emotional about characters dying or being injured or going through emotional distress... it's not a drama people. Not to say that you can't become attached to some of the characters... but the overwhelming majority of the time when they play something as emotional or sad they are doing parody of dramatic shows and again, it's supposed to be funny. Farce. Satire.

I don't want to tell anyone they can't enjoy the show however they choose to... it's just... so freaking weird to read some of these comments. Did you guys cry when Alfred Packer was eating those people at the beginning of Cannibal! the Musical? Or were you wandering what kind of troubling childhood the director character in Orgasmo had that led him to being such a cold and emotionally unavailable adult? Have some of you written BASEketball sports fan fiction? So freaking weird...

Anywho...

I thought it was just a so-so episode. Par for the course for the show over the last 3 years or so. The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"

You must be new here.

In the internets, we call them fandoms.

When everything is over-analyzed about the show, everything is fanart and fanfiction and shipping and sh*t. Nothing new to see here.

I'm not sure what you mean but maybe I know more about this (sorry to say if I do) than you... I know what fanfiction is. And "fandom" refers to the community of fans and everything that goes along with it... fanfic, fanzines, conventions, this forum, etc.
I used to be neck-deep in the world of Transformers fandom. It was a scary place. But I learned the terminology.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm Offline
I don't have time to reply to the rest of you.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. It's really strange to take a show that is meant as total farce that only uses story as a means to set up the next joke, and take throw-away, background or tertiary characters and try to flesh them out into drama.

If it makes you happy to do so.. fine.. that doesn't make it less strange.

My first gf wrote fanfiction (and I did too, for a while). She was supremely weird, too. I understand how invested people can get in their characters. That itself is a bit strange, especially when technically they are not even your characters. But I thought it was especially strange given the nature of this show how seriously some people take it. I think most of these people don't have a very good sense of humor.

But whatever.

If my comments bother you, don't read them. Just like I won't be reading your fanfic.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 am Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
kalbahamut wrote:
call a paragraph "a long rant." I'm not taking the people here seriously, trust me. Just the opposite of that.

Your two paragraph rant was much longer than most posts in this thread, and far longer than my response to you. Your string of follow-up responses, also fairly long and also fairly ranty, have served to admirably clog up this thread. Ergo, yeah, you are taking this way too seriously. Claim not to take others here at all seriously if that helps you sleep at night, but your drawn-out responses indicate otherwise.

kalbahamut wrote:
Some people think of the Third Reich as a great moment in German history. That doesn't mean their point of view has any merit.

Minus ten billion credibility points for the Godwin argument. :roll:
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 26, 2011 3:00 am Offline
AtheistOtter wrote:
kalbahamut wrote:
call a paragraph "a long rant." I'm not taking the people here seriously, trust me. Just the opposite of that.

Your two paragraph rant was much longer than most posts in this thread, and far longer than my response to you. Your string of follow-up responses, also fairly long and also fairly ranty, have served to admirably clog up this thread. Ergo, yeah, you are taking this way too seriously. Claim not to take others here at all seriously if that helps you sleep at night, but your drawn-out responses indicate otherwise.

kalbahamut wrote:
Some people think of the Third Reich as a great moment in German history. That doesn't mean their point of view has any merit.

You didn't understand the point of my original post. You don't understand "the Godwin argument," by which I assume you mean Godwin's Law. Your little insults lack any heft and smack of outrageous hypocrisy. And you are not clever.

I'm ahead on points right now.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
kalbahamut wrote:
AtheistOtter wrote:
kalbahamut wrote:

kalbahamut wrote:

You didn't understand the point of my original post. You don't understand "the Godwin argument," by which I assume you mean Godwin's Law. Your little insults lack any heft and smack of outrageous hypocrisy. And you are not clever.

I'm ahead on points right now.

Oh do continue arguing. I'm enjoying this little drama. :D
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
AtheistOtter wrote:

I concur. Clearly, we have found a troll. May we burn it?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Arguing on the internet is like Paralympics - even if you win, you're still retarded.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
scRaTcH#667 wrote:
Arguing on the internet is like Paralympics - even if you win, you're still retarded.

Lol this is so true, never the less it still amazes me how brave people get on the internet and say stuff they'ed never say in person. :P

Now back to the topic at hand, I loved the reptile/god/bird thing at the end, great ending for the season.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
Lol. Reading that guy's rant....its hilarious.
Dude, you really don't need to defend yourself. That's what friends are for.

Oh wait..... :roll:

Trollolololololololollll............
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 am Offline
Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 am7
I thought "The Poor Kid" was the best episode of this season, I don't really know why I like it. Maybe because it was something fresh after the onslaught of Cartman episodes (which I didn't mind because Cartman, I admit, is my favorite character) also the ending of this episode was very random, which in turn, made it hilarious and made me like the episode even more! 10/10.

Quote:
"Up your ass with broken glass" - Cartman
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 21, 2011 7:27 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
A fine season finisher this is. Not the best, but 8/10 this deserves. Without Kenny's death I could do, but remedied overtime it shall.

Is my yoda speak annoying anyone?
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 26, 2011 6:07 pm Offline
Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 pm40Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Excellent Episode and a Great Season this has been!!
It made me fall in love with South Park again and even more ♥
South Park es lo más! ♥
Episode Poor Kid PostTue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 am Offline
Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm1
So I finally got to watch poor kid episode and as always it was hilarious but I had one problem with it, and it's when kenny was killed by the giant bird. Kenny getting killed was cool but their was no "They killed Kenny, You Bastards."
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Jan 05, 2012 9:39 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
The boys were too stunned to do the "They killed Kenny, You Bastards." line when the giant reptile/bird creature broke in and killed Kenny. lol One of them, Stan I think, did manage to say "WTF" just before the credits rolled.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Yeah, I agree that they were too stunned. Also, the lack of "oh my god" may have been a continued play on the whole agnostic thing, to go with the giant reptilian bird. Perhaps if Stan had been in the foster home and seen the agnostic creed, he would have said "The almighty bird killed Kenny!" and Kyle could have called it a bastard.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 8 of 10 142 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next