Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 23 342 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Issac Hayes leaves South Park PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:12 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
As some of you have already heard via CNN (click here) or Yahoo! News (click here), Isaac Hayes (the man behind Chef) will no longer be lending his voice to South Park. Matt Stone says:

[center]This has nothing to do with intolerance and bigotry and everything to do with the fact that Isaac Hayes is a Scientologist and that we recently featured Scientology in an episode of 'South Park.' In ten years and over 150 episodes of 'South Park,' Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons and Jews. He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show. To bring the civil rights struggle into this is just a non-sequiter. Of course we will release Isaac from his contract and we wish him well.[/center]

[img align=left]http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/news/2636a.gif[/img]Many of you have been asking what this means for the show. This remains to be seen, but we will keep you up to date.
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:23 pm Offline
Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 pm1825Ohio - Nothing to see since 1803
They had barely used Chef recentlely anyways. It's a shame he left over what was a medicore episode at best. I guess even the cast and crew can be hypocrites.
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 pm Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 pm845Texas
Wow. I never thought it would happen so suddenly.

I love Chef, he is awesome...

Man...over one episode...
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
reply PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:31 pm Offline
Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:59 pm257
Issac Hayes is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
kmfcoksmndvckmvokvmkvmevkmevpkmvkvmevkmvkmevkmvkvmvkmvkmevpevevnpojernvpejnepjnwcoweckowmcweokvmeopibjrtpoiubprojntbetveronv829430t83409fn32jinv9u3nv9u324nvunvojpovnorewnvu9340hg9843hj90f8j49fiojorijfoirjf90ij34g8j9-439j34994v
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:33 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
It sure does suck that he’s leaving.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:38 pm Offline
Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:19 pm2
I don’t really think South Park needs Chef for it to still be a success, he hasn't been in any recent episodes...He was cool in the early seasons, and was likeable, but I can see a potential for a really cool episode too kill him off.... Anyway I think Mrs. Garrison has taken his Place as the lead relief character she’s much funnier and as always theirs Butters...Plus if he gets all hurt after his "religion" (coughhh cult).... Gets bashed I say good riddance, that's a Hypocrite if I've ever seen one....I think Matt's Jewish and Treys Catholic and their always Ripping on Jews and Catholics... More-so than on Scientologist which I find odd, seeing how Scientology is you know a cult.... I would like nothing better than for their to be a solution but I don’t think ones going to happen…. No matter what though ….VIVA LA SOUTH PARK… I’m never going to stop watching…unless they do away with Towlie…
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:41 pm Offline
Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:33 pm1
How pathetic that he can impose his values, but he cannot bear anyone else imposing their values on him....I must agree, very hyprocritical. There are many other people who can take his place. But, hey...good luck to him all the same. God Bless.

Oh...and how about someone who has no problem promoting unprotected sex. demoting Christians, Jews, crippled people, retarded people, poor people, or ignorant people...yada yada yada, but all of a sudden has some kind of religious revelation that offends him? I'm not so sure he was such a good addition to the show after all. As I said before...there are many other good people to replace him.
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:02 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:56 pm323bridgewater, NJ
Nooooooooooooooooooo not chef nooooooooooooooooooo.

Chef was like the one who the children looked up to and seeked advice from and now the boys need to find a new role model. Mr kent dies on smallville and now they will probably kill off another father type figure in tv history. There should be a whole episode saying good bye to chef its only right for us fans and the children of south park to get some closure cause no one can do him justice so its best to kill him off. have a funeral episode and have flashback scenes to of all his good moments. and maybe we can get chefs parents to move to town for a bit just to move his stuff out and sell his house and so on. I wonder if Mr derp will be the new chef now.

this is one of those things that true fans of anything hate to happen to a main great character.

i think its stupid tho that he quit just because the whole scientology episode. that really sucks and he should have expected they would make fun of his religion since they make fun of everything. im shocked he got made at this and not all the KKK stuff.
Last edited by superhippie2000 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:04 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:00 pm3Moses Lake, WA
Shame on Chef. The bigot doesn't fall far from L Ron Hubbard.

I can live without him.
--
SO SAYS WARCHICK, Resa LaRu Kirkland
Columnist/Writer/Speaker/Military Historian/The Anti-Feminist!
Agree with RESA at: http://www.warchick.com
STAND WITH ISRAEL! FREE NORTH KOREA!!
POW/MIA: Bring them home or send us back!
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:08 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:24 pm456______!
Quote:
I don’t really think South Park needs Chef for it to still be a success, he hasn't been in any recent episodes...He was cool in the early seasons, and was likeable, but I can see a potential for a really cool episode too kill him off.... Anyway I think Mrs. Garrison has taken his Place as the lead relief character she’s much funnier and as always theirs Butters...Plus if he gets all hurt after his "religion" (coughhh cult).... Gets bashed I say good riddance, that's a Hypocrite if I've ever seen one....I think Matt's Jewish and Treys Catholic and their always Ripping on Jews and Catholics... More-so than on Scientologist which I find odd, seeing how Scientology is you know a cult.... I would like nothing better than for their to be a solution but I don’t think ones going to happen…. No matter what though ….VIVA LA SOUTH PARK… I’m never going to stop watching

My thoughts exactly
Quote:
I can live without him.
Ignore the screenname and pay attention to the post :P
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm Offline
Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:50 pm992
Could this mean we will see Mr. Derp? Hate to see Chef go, he was one of the characters I really liked.
Member# 325291
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:13 pm Offline
Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:39 pm5Dirty South
I'll tell you how they handle this. Chef loses his voice and is forced to use sign language for the rest of the series. Seriously... could be funny. :)
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:15 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:00 pm3Moses Lake, WA
Clever!
--
SO SAYS WARCHICK, Resa LaRu Kirkland
Columnist/Writer/Speaker/Military Historian/The Anti-Feminist!
Agree with RESA at: http://www.warchick.com
STAND WITH ISRAEL! FREE NORTH KOREA!!
POW/MIA: Bring them home or send us back!
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm Offline
Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm1
I think its sad that he became such a hypocrit, he was one of my favorite all time South Park toons. L Ron Hubbys cult is just a fad right now anyways. He just released his greatest hits album. I guess he is ending his career and needed a way to get his last moments worth of fame. Anyone who can be apart of something that was known for making fun of anything and everything, then freak out when it just slightly hits home, gets no sympathy from me. So long Issac.
PostMon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 pm Offline
Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:59 pm3
The reason South Park is such a great show is the way that Matt and Trey skewer their targets(most of the time) NOT for the sake of being mean-spirited and malicious, but to bring a different perspective (sometimes a common sense/practical worldview) to what may be a convoluted/controversial issue. You may not agree with their perspective, but you gotta respect their courage for not caving in to any network executive weasels!

I find Isaac Hayes' response to an episode that aired LAST season is a bit extreme, not to mention a little spooky! Those Scientologists must be an awfully persuasive bunch of folks to get Hayes to react so harshly this late in the game. However, it'll be sad to see him go. Could this be an early April fool's thing?

The 'Chef' character will be a challenge to replace, since he serves as the pseudo father figure for our boys. As a dig to this rather sudden departure, perhaps Matt & Trey could recast the character with a polar opposite, like that Urkel(sp?) kid? Or James Earl Jones? Chris Rock?

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 23 342 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next