Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 32 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 9:31 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
"SOUTH PARK" CONJURES UP RECORD RATINGS
WITH THE "IMAGINATIONLAND" TRILOGY
Episode III Was Viewed By 3.9 Million Total Viewers Making It
The Most Watched Telecast Of 2007 On COMEDY CENTRAL
The "Imaginationland" Trilogy Was Viewed By Almost 10 Million Total Viewers
COMEDY CENTRAL Home Entertainment And Paramount Home Entertainment
To Release An Extended And Uncensored DVD Of The Trilogy In March 2008
NEW YORK, November 5, 2007 -- "Star Wars," "The Godfather," "Indiana Jones." Historic trilogies all, and now they have company. The exciting conclusion to "South Park's" "Imaginationland" trilogy aired Wednesday, October 31 and drew almost 4 million total viewers, making it COMEDY CENTRAL's most watched telecast of the year.

Episode III of the trilogy, in which Kyle, Stan and Butters engaged in the battle of their lives to save Imaginationland and Cartman's ongoing mission to secure justice for his dry balls came to a head, scored a 2.8 HH / 2.5 P18-49 rating. With almost 2.8 million adult viewers watching, the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series drew more viewers P18-49 than any episode since its historic second season during which Cartman discovered the identity of his father. The October 31 episode was the night's most watched program in all of television among Men 18-24 and Men 18-34 and was the number one program among P18-49 in all of cable.

All told, the three episodes of the "Imaginationland" trilogy (see synopsis below) drew almost 10 million unique viewers to "South Park's" Wednesday premiere time slot (10:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.), averaging a 2.7 HH / 2.4 P18-49 rating (3.6 million total viewers P2+ / 2.6 million viewers P18-49). The trilogy averaged a colossal 7.5 rating among Men 18-24, scoring a 23 share across the three episodes among this highly coveted demographic -- even beating out Game 1 of the World Series -- the highest M18-24 ratings since the epic second season in 1998.

The "Imaginationland" trilogy will be released by COMEDY CENTRAL Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment in March 2008. The special DVD release will be uncensored and will include additional footage created exclusively for the DVD. More details will follow.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 am Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
Heh, cool. Guess they are turning it into a movie-ish. I thought IL was pretty neat myself. Prolly not my favorite episode, but still pretty good! :P
Haha, sellouts.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
cool thats good news i will get that thank god for multi region dvd players.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:03 am Offline
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 pm23Rijeka, Croatia, Europe
That's very cool, I will order it for sure. Also, Imagionationland triology is my favorite in this second half of 11th season.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 am Offline
Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 am51My chair.
Not sure if I'll buy it, I rather just buy the whole season 11 DVD.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:29 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm49Hero City
Originally, Matt and Trey wanted it to be a direct-to-TV Movie as this was scripted last July. *HOWEVER*, Comedy Central denied them the permission to make Imaginationland a direct-to-TV Movie. I will be getting that DVD when it comes out as this was the most epic of South Park epsiodes I've ever seen.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:37 am Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I will definitely be getting this. :) It really was a great trilogy.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:52 am Offline
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:08 am1556Denmark (Yes, It's a country!)
That's f*cking great! I'll definitely buy it!
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
wow! Thats really cool that imaginatonland reached 10 million reviews. And i''ll definetly buy the DVD since the first three parts were good. :D

Code:
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 11:49 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm1208New York.....Just kidding.
South Park reached the highest episode rating once again, like these episodes:
Trapped in the closet
Return of Chef
Make love, not Warcraft
Imagnationland part 1
Imagnationland part 2
Imagnationland part 3

Good episodes by the way, the season Eleven DVD will be staggeringly extended and uncensored.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 pm Offline
Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:27 pm579Ohio
Woo Hoo! I loved these episodes, and the DVD special is going to make it that much greater. South Park has been doing a lot of things that make me cry out in joy lately.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 12:49 pm Offline
Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 pm212Chicago
Good news on the dvd. It's exactly as I was hoping they'd do. I 'm looking forward to the extended scenes-my main complaint about the Imaginationland trilogy was that it seemed rushed in places. Hopefully, the extra scenes will take care of that.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 1:44 pm Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am239San Clemente, California
Outstanding News!!

I will of course be getting both the special dvd and the season 11 set. I will probably get the Christmas dvd as well. I want Trey and Matt to get as much of my money as possible.

I will gladly pay for quality entertainment!!!
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm Offline
Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am1594OHIO
W00T! I called it!

Normaly, I would just wait for the season DVD to come out, but if this has additional footage/bonus features, I'm getting it for sure.
Re: South Park conjures up Record Ratings with Imaginationland PostMon Nov 05, 2007 2:18 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
candies wrote:
South Park reached the highest episode rating once again, like these episodes:
Trapped in the closet
Return of Chef
Make love, not Warcraft
Imagnationland part 1
Imagnationland part 2
Imagnationland part 3

Good episodes by the way, the season Eleven DVD will be staggeringly extended and uncensored.

The Season 11 DVD isn't extended or uncensored; the Imagintionland Trilogy DVD will be.

I'm not entirely sure if I'll buy it. I'll need to know that the extended scenes and any other special features will be big enough to really make me purchase it. I can find the episodes on the S11 DVD, so it'll come down to the special features.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 32 posts 1, 2, 3  Next